dormans 6.0 oil cooler gasket

fordmansteven

Reaction score
my 2006 f-350 6.0 was giving me problems. it would start and run for 15 sec then die the only way I could keep it running was to keep my foot on the gas. after I did that it would run fine the rest of the day, next morning the same thing would happen. we found the problem to be the oil cooler housing gasket made my dorman. it had come apart and stopped the screen up to the hopop so beware of dormans oil cooler gasket

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I had issues with the one oil cooer of theirs I installed also. Lesson learned. OEM only.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
You know we could get a really killer deal on Dorman oil coolers for stud jobs, and make a decent profit. But we were not willing to stray away from OEM and let our customers be the guinea pig if the quality wasn't the same. I'm glad we did because we would have ate a lot of loss in warranty work to completely redo those. Thats a mess from some of the pictures I've seen.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Straight Dorman junk!
uploadfromtaptalk1396914254120.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396914275918.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396914306129.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fordmansteven

Reaction score
I bought my kit from performance machine which had this gasket in it. So I called them to see if there was any warranty they said to call dorman so I did they said I had to go through the company I bought if from. now I have been trying to get in contact with performance machine for the last four days and cannot get an answer on the phone and cant get them to email me back seem like I am getting the run around that just poor service if you ask me

01PSD

Reaction score
I bought my kit from performance machine which had this gasket in it. So I called them to see if there was any warranty they said to call dorman so I did they said I had to go through the company I bought if from. now I have been trying to get in contact with performance machine for the last four days and cannot get an answer on the phone and cant get them to email me back seem like I am getting the run around that just poor service if you ask me

Isn't that Cobb's/Rebel Diesel? LOL LOL LOL

a2elvis

Reaction score

That's not hard to believe.. Call that par for the course

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yes, PMM is the old Cobbs, biggest rip off company I've seen in the industry to date. Just do a google search for Cobbs Diesel and read all you want. I wouldn't expect them to do anything.

Latest posts

Members online