DP-F6 or Hydra

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If you have any questions about the F6 or any of it's features, feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help you out.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hydra without a doubt... Open sourced, easy to use, never pull the chip again... Run anyone's tunes on the market...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
How are DP tunes?

Billy T.
[email protected]

DP tunes are great I had the f5 on my truck for a couple years. If you plan on adding a variety of tunes later go with the hydra for example Gearhead,Swamps,TW,Beans,PHP. If you plan on sticking with DP-tuner or NLTD for tunes go with the F6. Its all personal preference. Like I said I had the F5 I had stock 80 tow and 140 aggressive. All around great tunes Jody is a great guy to work with. The only reason I switched to a hydra is because I liked the fact I could use different tuners.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I can get a new tune from Gearhead, Powerstruck, Total Diesel Performance, PHP, or any one of about 5 other tuners in a matter of 24 hours. Some less.

I asked Justin to make a special tune for me, and within 30 minutes I had 5-6 different versions of the tune.

Tom S

Reaction score
Happy with an F-6 myself. Have run tunes from Bill and Tony in the past and they were decent as well, but no plans to change away from the F-6. I might someday try a tune from No Limit for fun.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Have you considered picking the nearest tuner to you that can live tune?

Gearhead tunes have been the best for me on both the 7.3 and 6.4

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I prefer a hydra chip. You have such a variety of shops that wright tunes for a hydra. I run a hydra with Gearhead tunes. They run great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black 02

Reaction score
DP makes fine tunes. Jody was involved in the tuning of some of the highest hp 7.3's around.

Some people have agendas against certain tuners, so it's tough to get a perfect answer. Everyone kinda nuthugs for a certain tuner. I ran DP's tunes for close to 2 years. After a few tweaks, the tunes were really nice. The F-6 had the e-mail capability before the others and is really awesome. Plus, it's nice to put the tune selector in the 4th gauge pod. Some of these big screens and things make me feel like I need to get some Dodge tow mirrors and go "oral teh cole"

I plan on giving NLTD a chance with tuning my F6 because those guys have been really super to deal with and I've heard nothing but good things from that camp.

That being said, the hydra seems very nice and gives you a chance to try additional tuners.

To each their own..... :D

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
No limit has events in NJ for live tunning, i think some one was putting together a live tunning event/dyno event.

Innovative is right in Elkton MD, I've talked to him a few times about tunning a 7.3 and he will live tune it the way you want it. Eric is a great guy.

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
No limit has events in NJ for live tunning, i think some one was putting together a live tunning event/dyno event.

Innovative is right in Elkton MD, I've talked to him a few times about tunning a 7.3 and he will live tune it the way you want it. Eric is a great guy.

It was Jason and myself that was trying to a live tuning event in NJ but it fell through.

I know about Innovative and thought about him but didn't read anything about his tunes. I think he does SCT stuff.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
He also does TS stuff, just he doesn't do a lot of advertising of 7.3 stuff cause he makes more money on the new stuff. He told me he would set up a TS file, sit on the dyno, make it the way I want it, test drive it and brun it. 500 for a live tune session tho