Drop in filters....worth it?

STEVEFX64

Reaction score
I've been considering adding a k&n drop on filter to see if a can get a little better fuel mileage. Truck is bond stock. Is there another brand I should look at or am I better to save money and do a cold air or just stick with the oem?

Motostroker

Reaction score
I'm selling a s&B CAI and a banks intake. I haven't posted it yet. But $100 bucks for either one plus shipping. If you plan on going any larger then stock turbos I would do a No limit intake.

STEVEFX64

Reaction score
I don't plan on adding any power...as of now...until my warranty is out. I'm just looking to add a few mpg. Obviously without turning off the dpf etc any real mpg gains are not likely

JMart

Reaction score
Dont do the K&N drop in filter for anything ever. They dont seal well and can let dirt get past.

You wont get much fuel improvement without doing a lot more than just a drop in filter. And then what little increase you get wont really equal out the money you put into the "improvements" for a long time.

JMart

Reaction score
So a cold air intake would be the better route to go?

Yes the full intake would be better, just don't expect much out of it. I would recommend the S&B for a 6.4 if you are staying stock.

STEVEFX64

Reaction score
I can't say that I won't put a programmer of some sort on later on but for now power is staying stock. Anyone used the h&s intake?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I use the AFE Pro Guard 7 drop in and have been happy with it.
With the stock filter I would pull the filter minder in towing.
Now it doesnt move.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Another view for the AFE PG7 drop in. I have one in my f250. Doesn't pull the filter minder on HD300 or GHP tunes.

I realize full setups flow better, but I wanted the sleeper look on my 250

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.