Dropping fuel psi at wot

Ford460power

Reaction score
So recently installed fuel psi gauge, blue spring upgarde and an air dog 150. At idle I'm making solid 70psi, but under wot still dropping into the 50s psi range. Before I did the air dog system I had about 60 psi at idle and it would dip into the 40s under wot. Should I be looking into a regulated return system?? I have changed both the hfcm filter and the fuel bowl filter. How much psi drop is acceptable to wot?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with a 165 ad2. I believe regulated returns will fix the issue. However, 50+ psi is still sufficient enough to keep injectors alive.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Not sure HOW MUCH it will help exactly but 6.4 banjos flow aloooot more and are cheap

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got the 6.4 banjos on my truck, it would seem that due to being regulated prior to delivery to the head, the banjos would actually cause more of a drop prior to the injectors, whereas a regulated return will regulate the entire system since it is after the injectors. Also with the regulated return the regulator is better than the factory pos even with the blue spring.

Maybe on of the guys from strictly or somethin could chime in to give a better explanation, but inthe end, as long as its over 45-50 psi, it should be ok.

Ford460power

Reaction score
I've had the airdog setup for awhile now, and it seems to be holding solid pressure. My fuel psi gauge wasn't the best. I'm seeing solid 70psi at idle and wot barely dropping to 60 so looks like I'm OK.

Latest posts

Members online