DTC 1249 Wastegate Performance?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So the DTC 1249 is popping up every once and a while I also have the red line unplugged also is that the cause of it?. Could the truck be defueling because the PCM see's over boost? I got one of those BD electronic boost foolers (But I guess it's not working be that codes popping up LOL) and my 160/100% swamps injectors 38R with WW2 Airdog swamps HVHF IDM sump TE-T500 blah blah blah and the usual go fast parts, its intermittent like if I boost 30 LBS or more then let out like a (burnout situation) i'll pop the code or say I hit A (high unknown # of boost) pullin away from a Cummins ill shoot it I know on a stock or basic tune truck the magic # is around 25-25 PSI boost IIRC so its it because the PCM is seeing the Magic # at one point in time or is it something else?. Correct me if i'm wrong but the 1249 is a defueling code correct to save the engine?

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yep. Having the red line unplugged from the wastegate is usually the cause.

The de-fueling aspect would depend on the tuning. In a stock tune, yes.

You can add an overboost annihilator which limits the air pressure seen by the MAP sensor.That will take care of the P1249. I am not sure exactly how the BD fooler works.

Latest posts

Members online