Dual Termy's and DS Filter Adapter

Homesteader

Reaction score
Anyone running Dual Termy's and the DS filter adapter? I would like to know how the connections are made to the adapter.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I am running Stealth's and the spacer, should be similar to the Terrmy's. Probably one of my favorite mod's!

Photo0432.jpg

Homesteader

Reaction score
The one on the left side is the feed? The one on right goes to the middle port or the right port on the spacer? That would be the IPR return?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Driver side is the feed, passenger side is the return (IPR), center is an auxiliary reservoir feed.

Homesteader

Reaction score
What kind of hoses can I use for my feed line and IPR return? I will have to make new hoses because of the adapter.Should I use push lok or Aeroquip or equivalent. Also should I stay with the quick disconnect like the stocker for the hi pressure side? I would like to make new ones to where I can route them the way I want it.

Big Bore

Reaction score
My experience with push lok type hose on the return side was not good, the hoses didnt stand up well to the heat, so I had hoses made from a high temp hose. On the pressure side I just had hydraulic supply make them up from a chart they had showing temp and burst strength. I deliberated what kind of fittings to use and after talking with a few people I am eliminating the QD fittings and using JIC like the OBS has. I've never seen the OBS hoses malfunction, but I've heard of several of the QD fittings having a malfunction and spraying oil everywhere. The fact that they sell a repair for it tells me it's problematic. Undoing a threaded fitting takes a little longer, but it's a lot more reliable, and a heck of a lot cheaper. The factory QD hoses are roughly $80-$100 per, reg hydraulic hoses were around $20.

Heres what I am using.

secret_lab.jpg

HRTKUSTUM.jpg

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Half inch 8an pushlok for the rear pump feed, and I guess go with big bores advice for the return. I have obs jic hoses on my truck I simply do not trust the stock stc hoses.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Half inch 8an pushlok for the rear pump feed, and I guess go with big bores advice for the return. I have obs jic hoses on my truck I simply do not trust the stock stc hoses.

Yes I think I will be swaping out the SD fitting and go to the OBS style (JIC). The fitting on the head can it be in any one of the ports ? I think there is four. Might be able to have better hose routing. Does the size of the hose make a difference if its bigger?

On the Dual Termy's the feed for the rear pump is pretty close down there. It seems to be that you could only use a barb fitting and only a 3/8 hose. Will the feed hose hold with just a barb fitting and no clamps?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Do not use a barb/ clamp style fitting anywhere. It might hold for a while, but it WILL leave you stranded when you least expect it.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
They are all pushloc.....but you use the wrong stuff it will cause issues...if your going to change things call joey first. He has everything you need.

Latest posts

Members online