Dually to 4?

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ive read around & havent found what I was hoping for...a write up.Anyways Im picking up a 02 cc 7.3 dually I.already have a 2nd gen ram lifted tires & wheels cost enough is there an easy way 2 do.this conversion?I do paint& bodywork from my own.shop so Im not worried about the bed.Thanks in advance fellas

dsberman94

Reaction score
you want to do what? put the dodge axles under the ford? i wouldn't. putting a superduty srw axle under the back of the superduty is the better option, as long as you can get the gear ratios to match in the front and rear if its 4x4. need a better explanation of what youre wanting to do for anyone to help.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
No,just wondering what I need to make the dually a 2 tire back.Not with dodge parts..maybe theres a kit.for the f350s &yes its 4x4

79jasper

Reaction score
I don't know about the newer trucks, but the older ones you could just swap all the hubs between SRW and DRW.
Has to be same axles though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok so what I have read is I can just pull the outter set of rear wheels, &pull the front wheels..is.it really as simple.as that?Does it screw with the brakes?I want to run atleast a 20 with 35-37s &a little bit of lift & the prices on.tires&wheels.would be like buying another truck.The duallys do look.sick.lifted but.I.just.saw a.lifted.dually with 37s.on.his stock 16s&they.looked like doughnuts.Id love to.run a 22.5 semi set up as I can get em.as low.as 15 bucks a pop outta my buddys place & I could poweder coat black chrome but I cant find semi.tires@a good.price

Reaction score
the front ends have spacers you could pull..you can pull the outside rears but keep in mind the rear end its self is a little narrower then the a SW axles..IMO it would look off....you could add spacers to get the wheels back out where they belong for a SW look though...id love to do an axle swap with you but your to far away..not sure what shipping would be...

Last edited:

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Yeah me too..Im.from.south boston but that was a lifetime ago & wont be going back for.a long.time

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Use.2.live there,I got no.fAmily left really anywhere let alone up there I got an uncle thats a gangster did 20 years in walpole...really have no idea how 2 contact him.nomore hes bad news...we plan on selling my property & moving back there my mom.said my old man moving us 2 this sh.. Hole was a mistake so 1 day....angways ok I was.worried.pulling all.of that stuff would mEss with the brakes

Big Calo

Reaction score
It's easy, I just did the swap.

Just swap the rearend, and take the spacers off the front hubs. What gear ration do you have? I went from a single to a dual rearend. Let me see if I can wrangle up some pictures. Everything is a direct bolt on swap except for the U-Bolts. You will have to get the single rear U-bolts.

I have the rear-end that came out of that truck. Just changed the fluid and put new e-brakes on it before the swap.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Here's some pics. Took my brother and I about 2 hours to do it.
ge8eha8y.jpg

2amunuva.jpg

You have to swap the rearends, unless you want the stance to be wider in the back.

u6e6eqa5.jpg

e4a6uzu4.jpg

zumu7a4e.jpg

It's just a beater truck I'm planning on putting a flatbed on.

I'm also running the single wheel in front, because I like the look, but all you have to do is unbolt the spacers from the hubs.

I might be interested in the rearend you have if you wanted to swap.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
My gears are 4:10s the way.I see it is if someone.wants to swap axles cool. But if I can do most off it for free I will & just buy some.spacers

Big Calo

Reaction score
Also I had to get the back half of the driveshaft for a dually because the SRW piece was to long, so I'm not sure if yours would extend enough to reach the yoke or not. I may have mine that I took off. I would have to check.

Big Calo

Reaction score
My gears are 4:10s the way.I see it is if someone.wants to swap axles cool. But if I can do most off it for free I will & just buy some.spacers

But the dually rear end is wider, so spacers will push the tires out even farther. I don't remember exactly, but the dually rearend was 3-4 inches wider. If you look at the second pic I took, you can see how far the tire sticks out on the back vs the front.

Or are you talking about putting spacers on the front to match the back?

Latest posts

Members online