Ebp sensor and tube

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a new ebp sensor looks like(tube end).changed my hpop awhile back and ebp sensor (tube end)was flat,flush with threads.I got to thinking probably should have tried and clean it but wasn't sure if I would do more harm than good.tube looked pretty clogged also.thinking if I go through the trouble of taking it off might just replace both???

Dirtclod

Reaction score
On my old engine I tried taking my tube off and it wouldn't come out of block. I cut off and clamped a hose to it and tee into the map air. I couldn't tell any difference. When I changed engines my mechanic cleaned it out and reinstalled it. You can buy one from Ford for bout 30$. They say it helps on fuel mileage but my guess is it's probably gunned back up in 10k miles.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Ok went to clean out tube and sensor.tube has big hole in bout half way down so new tube and sensor on the way.

joe d

Reaction score
Ive allways wondered what diffrence it really makes if you just plug the manifold and leave sensor seeing atmosphere pressure only anyone have any test or data or opions on this?

uncool

Reaction score
Ive allways wondered what diffrence it really makes if you just plug the manifold and leave sensor seeing atmosphere pressure only anyone have any test or data or opions on this?

Mine has been that way for 10 years, BUT I am running a manual PCM.

joe d

Reaction score
Maybe the ? I should ask is we know it sees back pressure. What does it do and how does it use the information gathered from the sensor. Where does that information come into play to the point where it effects certain things.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Exhaust back pressure valve is in the pedestal. Do I'm sure controls that. My pedestal was del**** so I I didn't see a need for it. But then again I'm no expert on these things

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
I don't understand all Ii know about the epb sensor but I've seen where more than one tuner says to keep it in good working order.maybe some of the tuners out there cane chime in???

79jasper

Reaction score
You'd be stupid to just plug it.
Many have stated it plays a role in fueling tables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

joe d

Reaction score
You'd be stupid to just plug it.
Many have stated it plays a role in fueling tables.

? In this tread? Im just wondering mine is in good order but why and how and does it really play a role in fueling table's.

79jasper

Reaction score
The sensor receives a 5 volt input, depending on back pressure the output voltage changes. This output voltage then goes back to the computer where algorithms and equations take it plus readings from the other sensors and then tells the IDM how much fuel to give.
That's just a little short and sweet.
If you don't think it does. Then why does everyone see a mileage increase when cleaning/replacing the tube and sensor?

joe d

Reaction score
One never said i didnt believe it does.
Two. I didnt notice any increases in economy but mine was pretty clean. Im just trying to learn and understand the big picture better.
So all the people that have it eliminated are loseing performance?

79jasper

Reaction score
Could be.
I see what you're looking for now. More of why it does?
Maybe some of the diy tuners like @Charles could shed some light.

joe d

Reaction score
So why do some use and and some dont.. There has to be a reason or opinion as to why or why not to use it

Arisley

Reaction score
1. It has zero to do with the Exhaust back pressure valve. That is there only to close when the motor is cold. It creates back pressure and makes the motor warm up faster. Only reason for that is to make you (the driver) more comfortable faster in colder weather. Period, that is the only reason for the EBPV. Totally separate from the EBP sensor. It senses back pressure in that exhaust (when the EBPV is open, turned off when it is closed) and adjusts fueling and pulse width to keep your crankshaft and pistons all in one solid assembly.

Arisley

Reaction score
2. Some tuners (mostly old school guys that aren't worried about a little smoke) will tune around it because in the old days, everybody thought all it did was work the EBPV valve and unhooked it. In fact, I have seen a tune that if the EPP sensor was connected, the truck would not start.

joe d

Reaction score
I know what the ebpv does was just trying to figure out what the sensor really does.
I wonder how much of a real difference it makes in hp...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.