Edge CTS: Mileage Coach

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Any body use this mileage coach on the diagnostics menu? I don't think the MPG it states is close to be accurate. Anyone else notice it?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Any body use this mileage coach on the diagnostics menu? I don't think the MPG it states is close to be accurate. Anyone else notice it?

Mine.has turned out.to be.pretty close. When my.stock computer says 20 the cts will say 16.8-17.4. Something.to keep in mind, you can watch the.mileage and try to keep it.as.close.to your high number by using or not using the throttle. The exact values may indeed be pure bs but when it shows a decrease in mileage that is correct. Use it as a guide and let the real mpgs be figured after fillups by hand calculation.

Agjake11

Reaction score
I can't be sure if mines right either. I stopped paying attention to mileage on the CTS but the truck reads 13.5.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
877fcada.png

That was running 80mph this morning. It must have been day dreaming of being a Prius. LOL

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
so i set to display mileage avg and coach. what exactly is the coach displaying?

It's instantaneous and overall avg. I had a Douche ram loaner when mine was stolen last year and it read the same thing. So if you roll up to a light it reads like 45mpg till u hit the gas again! Lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
Probably see it when it hits it. Truck only has 19k miles.

It looked like there was a zero there, unless you guys are referring to a different picture :shrug:

A little.different but I think my 12 dmax only shows the mileage you've gone since its digital.

TyCorr

Reaction score
As far as you 6L guys go your computer/cts could be the opposite. In both 7.3's ive had the mileage was quite a bit higher than actual. My cts goes down to 10 when Im hammerin on the throttle but when I go back to.cruising it slowly goes back up to 17ish.

Fwiw, even though Im lifted, my truck computer reads about 20% high all the time. But like the cts it reflects mileage dropping/increasing in real time. Another good "coach". I realize we're talking different systems than the 6l and 6-fo have.

Latest posts