Edge programmer

NichoF250sd

Reaction score
1999 F250sd 7.3 diesel 2wd 4r100. With the edge evolution on level three how should I adjust the transmission? There are custom settings .I in my own sense set 1-2 to wait an extra second and drop the firmness a little. 2-3 im pretty sure is direct anyways so I leave it alone.3-4 I shift it early and just firm enough to feel it shift. The previous owner was not mechanically inclined and turns out they were hauling fifth wheel commercially on level three in overdrive and never once thought about customizing standard shift points and firmness or wot shifting.I had that baby sat up to cruise at sixty at 1500 rpm. Was loving this truck.trans threw oss and tcc codes then literally spewed fluid from the front seal.

NichoF250sd

Reaction score
Im kind of intrigued as to why you say that.um I thought the whole point was to customize the computer programming so that it coincides with your personal driving habits. I rarely drive a hundred miles an hour,however sometimes when im alone on the right stretch of road I do. When I got this truck last year it got me a true k that the family could fit into and helped my good friend out with medical bills. The edge was already installed and second day I had it, the water pump went bye bye .the water pump was a year and a half old.lol. Im pretty sure the transmission was heating up with all that torque and not programmed to deal with it .Im not a transmission expert but I ran a repair shop and eventually a speed shop and built race cars successfully. In 2006 my business partner and mentor committed suicide and I honestly couldn't work on a vehicle for over a year without picturing his brains splattered all over it.with that amount of added torque wouldn't the converter clutch slip more causing higher temps? In which case when I had switched the gauge setting to trans fluid ,wow that thing was running 230 degrees. The fact that the bigger trans cooler is installed in front of the radiator pretty much explained to me scientificly that the engine coolant was absorbing the heat from the trans cooler and prematurely killed the water pump while saving the transmission. Of course that's just a theory . after I changed the water pump I did a trans filter .I noticed the all ominous flashing o/d .I then realized where the edge was at on its setting and custom set it about twenty times in two days and achieved trans temps averaging 186 .I was able to cruise at thirty five in town at about 1530 rpm. Running at sixty mile an hour was right close to 1500 rpm . Ive had my Ken Brewer truck going a hundred and twenty at about 2800 rpm. This truck is named Ken Brewer in memory of Ken Brewer who died in a severe auto accident in may of 2014 . I tried to save him,but he was too messed up and I ended up multiple surgeries several broken bones and my heart ceased for about thirty seconds while awaiting life flight. This truck I purchased with insurance settlement money from the wreck and I was able to purchase it from another one of Ken's closest friends which helped his family pay medical bills. I want to keep it as much the same as it was the day I got it.Sadly I got fired from my job the week the transmission went out. I then got ripped off six hundred dollars in scam on a transmission and my fiancé had almost three hundred of her rent money stolen .My God keeps us safe though and has blessed us with this vehicle so its dedicated to the Lords service as I say in memory of Kenny Brewer. I have located a 4x4 transmission for one fifty at a town not too far but I need to acquire the loot the transportation and someone with at least a little knowledge but definitely the muscle to pull it off. I don't have the physical power to yank it myself in the junkyard any more ...im just too busted up physically. Sorry for the long story ,but ill usually jump at the chance to tell someone about my dead bros and always eager to spread and share Gods awesome love.ty

hucorey

Reaction score
Being a dealer for just about everything including EDGE, ya, toss it and get a Hydra or TS chip with good tunes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online