EGR accordion?

brdaun

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just finished picking my truck up from the dealer after doing the heavy duty 6.4 up pipes. Tech explained to me that there is still an exhaust leak and he diagnosed it at the EGR accordion elbow catalyst. He said i need a new catalyst. Now i searched around and couldnt really find any info on this part or what it does?
I have an egr delete so i am a little confused as to what exactly the problem is?

From what i am thinking would it be the elbow right before the egr block plate in the back?
:shrug:
Any insight much appreciated.

webb06

Reaction score
The coolers are off the truck right? If so I take it that the egr catalyst pipe is what he is talking about. Comes off the passenger side up pipe and runs over to the top of the drivers side manifold. You should just be able to remove that pipe and relocate the block off plate to the up pipe and relocate the EBP sensor there as well.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The coolers are off the truck right? If so I take it that the egr catalyst pipe is what he is talking about. Comes off the passenger side up pipe and runs over to the top of the drivers side manifold. You should just be able to remove that pipe and relocate the block off plate to the up pipe and relocate the EBP sensor there as well.

This to a T.

brdaun

Reaction score
Would it be that pipe that sneaks just beside the downpipe there facing the drivers side of engine?
So what do you mean by relocating the block off plate? is the plate we are talking about the one that would be right above the drivers side mani?
All i need to do it just unbolt the pipe there and move the block off plate to there?

Where is the ebp sensor mounted now?

webb06

Reaction score
Would it be that pipe that sneaks just beside the downpipe there facing the drivers side of engine?
So what do you mean by relocating the block off plate? is the plate we are talking about the one that would be right above the drivers side mani?
All i need to do it just unbolt the pipe there and move the block off plate to there?

Where is the ebp sensor mounted now?

Yes unbolt and remove the pipe running from passenger side up pipe, will have to cut or torch in pieces. Drill and tap block off plate so that you can use the fitting that the ebp tube is connected to. Connect ebp tube to be relocated in the plate. Put block off plate in place of old pipe. Plug in EBP sensor.

Should cover it

greasltn

Reaction score
Before you tap the block off plate, see if there is a bung on the driver side up pipe. Some builders put a bung in the up pipe so you can delete the EGR and not have to tap the plate.

brdaun

Reaction score
I agree the tech that mine didnt really know what he was doing. First tried to tell me that they were not called up pipes but collectors and he had never heard up pipes before...bad start
when installing them i had the bung in my new ones but he didnt know what it was for so he welded it shut :doh:

So hopefully i can tackle it this weekend

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Mine was leaking on the bracket welded to the egr pipe. 6.0 manifolds and up pipes never look back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.