EGR Cooler swap

kersey1999

Reaction score
I just finished changing out my EGR cooler and oil cooler due to the infamous white smoke issue. However I started the truck up this morning after the install and it was still smoking a bit, not as bad as it was before I did the change. My question to all you guys is this common to still smoke a little after a change maybe from residual fluid in the intake chambers? I did clean out the intake the best I could but feel maybe still some in the internals of the motor. I also changed the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter while I was in there. Any one have a like or similar issue with their 6.0?

webb06

Reaction score
I just finished changing out my EGR cooler and oil cooler due to the infamous white smoke issue. However I started the truck up this morning after the install and it was still smoking a bit, not as bad as it was before I did the change. My question to all you guys is this common to still smoke a little after a change maybe from residual fluid in the intake chambers? I did clean out the intake the best I could but feel maybe still some in the internals of the motor. I also changed the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter while I was in there. Any one have a like or similar issue with their 6.0?

Your exhaust is full of coolant from the egr cooler leaking. Give it a good hard drive and it'll dry out. Then it shouldn't be smoking at all. Pretty normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kersey1999

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response/reply! That is exactly what I was wanting to hear! I will update after taking it out and running down the highway to see if that cures it. I have been monitoring the degas tank and the level is staying the same level.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
I'm slow but that's exactly what mine did after I fixed the egr. Should clear up after a while.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

kersey1999

Reaction score
Thanks guys, feeling very confident of my work, and the money I saved doing it myself. I drove it today and it seems to be gone, in the morning will tell the tale in my opinion. Once again thank you for your responses.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.