EGR Delete w/ DEF on?

BFinMO

Reaction score
So I'm curious if deleting the EGR is doable without deleting the exhaust components. Didn't know if anyone has experience with this.?

I will be going with a mini-max w/ KEM green card soon and would like to install the block off plates for the EGR with it. At this point I'm not wanting to do a full delete of either the DEF or EGR but rather run DEF 'On' tunes with H&S block off plates.

Maybe it is I just cant find the right info in my searches, but on H&S website it says something to the effect of 'DEF must be removed to avoind engine damage' etc... I am assuming the disclamier is stating a tuner must be used to close the EGR valve and avoid CEL issues, but dont know if there is something directly relted between the the pre and post emisions systems that will not allow the delete of the pre system with the post system.

The reason I only want to 'block' it vs delete EGR is ease of replacement of parts if the need arises during the younger years of the truck. Any help greatly appreciated.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Why do you want to install the block offs? Just to get EGT?

I'd think you could modify the stock EGR to mount an EGT. I've done it lots of times on other stuff, it's dead simple...need access to a TIG welder, but that's NBD.

BFinMO

Reaction score
I plan on looking into the tuning requirements this week to see what is available.

I want to block off the EGR to stop the introduction of recycled gas into my system. A full cooler delete will come shortly after. But until I know it wont be headed back to the dealer, just the plates will work for me. I dont need anything for 'power' just clean burn and MPG's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.