electric shift t-case

JRod

Reaction score
Can you convert an electric shift t-case to manuel, or do I have to bite the bullet and swap the whole thing out??

DcMoore

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing that to mine.. I have the actuator and motor if you need one..

To go to manual you have to take the actuator off and weld a piece of flat stock or equivilant to the part where the actuator goes and then connect that to the factory manual linkage.. What I'm going to do is drill a whole in my one inch flat stock and connect the linkage by using heims.

The downfall is, is that the NV273 doesn't have a neutral position.. You can put it in neutral by just going in between 2 and 4H or 4H and 4L but don't have an actually neutral like the 271s.

On edit... If you want your lights to work your going to have to cut your actuator in half and weld your flat stock to the gear, so that when you shift the sensor will pick it up. Either way you look at it, it's going to be "rigged"

TARM

Reaction score
IMO it would be better to just sell or trade your present 273 unit for a 271 and do it right. But I like making things work as its good to know you CAN as you never know when you might NEED to.` That is good info DcMoore.

If I do engine swap I am thinking about as part of a project this is something I may switch to as well. Part of my goal is having everything as utterly reliable as possible. That means a manual transfer case and having a central neutral is a nice thing to have. Electronics are usually a compromise between balancing convenience sometimes performance versus reliability.

DocBar

Reaction score
I'd like to know this also. I can't seem to keep a TC shift motor working for more than a couple of months.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.