Electrical guru's

Lang

Reaction score
Trying to fix my drivers door lock... When I bought the truck the unluck button worked slow, then finally stopped. (Lock side still works, have power to switch, pretty certain from continuity test i did switch is good)Tore door apart to find a aftermarket actuator. Took that out, broke down OEM actuator, motor was fried. So ordered aftermarket ones to replace. Go to install, find I have no power from unlock button to connection at actuator(pressed unlock, no power, lock have power) . Not sure if wire grounded out from the switch, wouldn't that pop the fuze making everything in that circuit stop? I'm looking for some direction or a schematic to follow what wire goes to what in my door

78f100

Reaction score
The polarity is reversed on lock and unlock, where you have power for lock you will have ground for unlock and vise versa. Those motors work both ways power and ground are flipped by relays to change direction. So test the wire you were reading ground on for power during unlock.

Lang

Reaction score
If I remember correctly when I switch wires around it will unlock when I push lock on drivers door(rest of truck locks) but the actual unlock button still does nothing

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
keep in mind the switch might be dirty or even bad.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Bad or dirty switch, bad relay(likely), test for continuity on the wires from the switch to the relay and from relay to the plug for the actuator. If the wires test out fine then you will know it is either the relay or the switch.

Lang

Reaction score
It was the switch. The relay is in the GEM so glad that don't need replacing

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I figured it was the switch. A guy who did digging owned my truck before me, and there was a lot of thick dirt getting into my switches which made me have to hit them 15-20x before they would respond. Take them out, clean them out, and yoru good to go.

Latest posts

Members online