Elites tow power atmospheric only?

benbou00

Reaction score
If this was brought up a little sooner like last week when my cab was up I probably would have tried this out.

benbou00

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I've seen this option for a little while now on their site, but really didn't think much of it or that it could possibly get this good of a gain out of doing it.

fluid

Reaction score
For us guys still milking stock converters and trannys, would this turbo upgrade essentially do what the spartan 350 would do to a stock tranny and toast it? Or is the spartan 350's trans tunning what does the stockers in? I have an extra tranny and converter sitting in my shop and was going to have the tranny built in couple of weeks and I didn't want to put the cart before the horse. I dd with the 250 and only run the 310 at track occasionally. I would like to have the turbo done first to see what fuel mileage there is to be gained, but can only do one mod right now, and the other in December.

MINK

Reaction score
For us guys still milking stock converters and trannys, would this turbo upgrade essentially do what the spartan 350 would do to a stock tranny and toast it? Or is the spartan 350's trans tunning what does the stockers in? I have an extra tranny and converter sitting in my shop and was going to have the tranny built in couple of weeks and I didn't want to put the cart before the horse. I dd with the 250 and only run the 310 at track occasionally. I would like to have the turbo done first to see what fuel mileage there is to be gained, but can only do one mod right now, and the other in December.

your right foot is what decides trans longevity

Spatel23

Reaction score
I doubt this turbo alone could cause a transmissions demise but that is just speculation.

I guess it all depends on how much power this atmospheric turbo alone would yield. Im guessing about 615HP

David S.

Reaction score
I doubt this turbo alone could cause a transmissions demise but that is just speculation.

I guess it all depends on how much power this atmospheric turbo alone would yield. Im guessing about 615HP

615 with stock fuel? like no other mods to the high pressure or low pressure fuel system?

Spatel23

Reaction score
on its best day with the wind blowing just right and all the birds chirping in sync....with an airdog and upgrade.....615. I'm guessing high and being very optimistic

David S.

Reaction score
you don't think a stand alone airdog 165 would support it? the airdog upgrade would be necessary?

Matt

Reaction score
Why would you need an airdog upgrade for turbos? In my opinion these should support just about the same as tow powers. All the little turbo is really doing is getting the ball rolling. The atmospheric is where you are getting most of your power.

Matt

Reaction score
I also think a wastegate is still going to be needed. You're forcing more air into the motor but you still have the same exhaust side on both turbos. Trucks with stock turbos need a wastegate on the bigger tunes, if anything a bigger wheel on the compressor side of the atmospheric will increase back pressure.

MINK

Reaction score
If bp does decrease I dont see why 620-650 isnt realistic on stock fuel, hell Mike C. did over 800 on stock fuel, granted the giggle juice was involved.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If bp does decrease I dont see why 620-650 isnt realistic on stock fuel, hell Mike C. did over 800 on stock fuel, granted the giggle juice was involved.

I think you are getting carried away with the estimates. Bigr put down 650 I believe, and that is with HP compounds and stock fuel with an airdog.

MINK

Reaction score
I think you are getting carried away with the estimates. Bigr put down 650 I believe, and that is with HP compounds and stock fuel with an airdog.

maybe, there is more room for stock fuel IMO

On edit: I dont think fuel only numbers will stray much higher than the 650 range but I still stick by low 600s being acheivable, even with this simple atmosphere charger upgrade.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online