Elites tow power atmospheric only?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Depends on the altitude. Everyone is going to see different. Higher the elevation, the lower the number. If you are at sea level, it will be around 15.

Right...somewhere generally in that range...all you need to do to get your exact # is look at what your baro. Is through the gauges

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Easiest way to check is key on engine off thru the back.pressure sensor. Ours here is 11.8

Sent from my DROIDX

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That's also a good way to determine if you back pressure sensor is bad. Have barometric pressure up also. If they are off by more than + or - 9, the sensor is bad.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
you have to subtract around 14.3 PSI from that number to get your true BP, that doesnt take out the Barometric Pressure

so you're really seeing 55.7+

good to know, thanks!

so I should have my wastegate set to open around 60 w/out or about 75 with right?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Before I did my headgaskets with the 310 i was seeing right about 81-82 (actual 67-68) ebp. After headgaskets I set the warning at 76 (actual 62) and have not heard the warning since. I have not seen it go over 57. Only difference other than then headgaskets and studs right now is the EBP sensor is in the driver side exhaust manifold instead of the egr pipe.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
n

Some tuner should write "anti lag tuning". If you recall how fast a 6.4 will spool during regen. Very noticeable. This was done a few different ways in formula 1 racing before it was banned.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
At 49-50 psi of boost, I'm at 55 psi of back pressure with our 310 tune. This is stock turbos and no gate. The ratio is bad at high RPM and low boost, but back pressure still isn't anywhere close to being scary high. I don't see there being an issue running this setup with no wastegate.

Jeff your almost at a 1:1 ratio with stock turbos and no waistgate correct? What's the highest BP you have seen? At 44 PSI pulling a grade with 16 K I am at 75-80 PSI if I recall, I need to go find that data log but how are you doing it?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff your almost at a 1:1 ratio with stock turbos and no waistgate correct? What's the highest BP you have seen? At 44 PSI pulling a grade with 16 K I am at 75-80 PSI if I recall, I need to go find that data log but how are you doing it?

If your seeing 75-80 psi on the DashDAQ, your in the 60-68 psi range of actual back pressure depending on the barometric pressure. So at 44 psi of boost, your at 60-68 psi of back pressure....which still isn't a bad ratio. That's roughly a 1.3-1.5:1 ratio.

I have seen as high as the mid 60's, but like I have said before....that is at high RPM and lower boost. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do about that with a wastegate.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
If your seeing 75-80 psi on the DashDAQ, your in the 60-68 psi range of actual back pressure depending on the barometric pressure. So at 44 psi of boost, your at 60-68 psi of back pressure....which still isn't a bad ratio. That's roughly a 1.3-1.5:1 ratio.

I have seen as high as the mid 60's, but like I have said before....that is at high RPM and lower boost. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do about that with a wastegate.

What is the most BP you can see on the DD?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I believe the sensor maxes out at 85.6, but once again that is with barometric pressure added in. The only time I have ever seen that number is when my sensor was bad. Replaced the sensor and no more numbers even close to that high.

From what i have found its 92 absolute

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Can we make a seperate bp thread? This 10 page bp war has gone on too long

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Its pretty on topic if you ask me, and its a good debate that needs some proof, and i would be willing to be this turbo will prove or disprove what more mass air flow does for back pressure/boost numbers

mclean

Reaction score
10 pages of it though? This is about elites atmospheric turbo and to see if anyone has/will do it. Yeah it kind of is on topic but it totally took over the thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
10 pages of it though? This is about elites atmospheric turbo and to see if anyone has/will do it. Yeah it kind of is on topic but it totally took over the thread

well since there is no data on it, its going to stay untill someone actually tries it, they can start a thread and post results. This thread is "just in theory" anyway at this point...

Latest posts

Members online