Engine Stalling

Mbarrett

Reaction score
I know I dont have a 7.3 anymore but.... I have a BTS auto and when I put the truck in reverse for any other gear the engine will stall. Here is the kicker, only when the trans is warmed up tho. My display says the TC is not locking up, the tranny does not get hot when driving and still shifts fine. Just after the fluid gets to at least 130degrees it will stall the motor when I go to reverse, no other gear is effected and it doesnt doit all the time, maybe 10percent of the time it doesnt doit under these circumstances. Any Ideas??? Thanks.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think that can be cause by low on fluid if I remember right.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Check several times... I had an issue by low fluid. And I checked it several times and called her good myself.. A few litres short made a big difference.

Mbarrett

Reaction score
Yeah, I called him but he had already left for the day. Tina was supposed to have him call me but the message must not have made it. In the process of changing turbo setup so I was just gonna wait till my turbo is reinstalled incase my tc needs restalled I will only have to pull the trans once. I will check fluid level again, thanks for the help.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Could also be a restricted cooler, try bypassing it to see what happens.

bakerc167

Reaction score
I think that can be cause by low on fluid if I remember right.

Yup, I had the same problem checked it a few times looked good decided one day to change the fluid an filter wasnt alot of fluid left in the trans.

dave186

Reaction score
The filter can fall out of the pump as well. will have the same affect as low fluid.

Latest posts

Members online