Excellent Diesel Shops in Central or Eastern Virginia

Jlyl248

Reaction score
I dont doubt your work. I've never heard anything bad about you. I never said I wasn't coming back. I was just going to go ahead and remove my egr here at home. Im about to go to the beach and last time down there it messed up on me

fritzbied

Reaction score
Back Bay Diesel and Performance - Very Poor Support

Back Bay Diesel and Performance experience - abysmal!

I have a 1993 Dodge D250 that I inherited from my father. It's in really good shape overall but I want to get it as close to 100% as possible. I'm desperately looking for a shop that can be trusted and can by my go to diesel shop for the total package. Anyway, my recent experience with Back Bay Diesel has been very discouraging.

I have a 1993 Dodge D250 that is in good shape however it has a slow engine oil leak that has left a large oil stain on my driveway and a few other issues such as an aux fuel tank that does not indicate level. I took my truck to Back Bay Diesel and performance hoping for a trustworthy diesel engine service but have been VERY disappointed. Bottom line is that they had it for a month with no apparent work done. They do not respond to any phone calls...After about 2 weeks of waiting for there estimate and not receiving one I started calling their shop seldom getting anyone to answer or return my call. I must have call at least 10 times trying to get a status. On the few times I was able to talk with someone I was told that they lost a mechanic and were very busy, the next time I was told two people were on vacation. I was very patient giving them the trusting and taking their word at face value. Another two weeks go by with no communication...plus they change there shop hours from 3:00PM to 8:00PM and then 3:00PM to 5:00PM. They changed their phone message to reflect this and saying and directing the customer to leave a message and phone number and they will call you back at 3:00PM. Finally in desperation my wife and I drove to the Back Bay shop to be there by 3:00PM. 3:00PM came and went by with the Back Bay shop remaining closed. My truck was in the parked in the parking lot with the hood cracked open. I opened the hood and could not find any indication of engine seal work or any other work. I looked under the truck and still could not find any indication of work. I call their number one more time...in case the had some type of remote phone setup and told the message service that I was at the their shop and could not see any evidence of work being done and that if someone did not show up I was going to drive the truck home. I waited a while and looked at my truck again just in case my assessment was incorrect. I started up the truck which started right up as it always has...everything seemed normal except that my full tank was below 1/4...it was nearly full when I dropped it off. I decided to take my truck back (no paperwork or estimates having never been filled out or received). The only thing I noticed was that the main fuel tank level indicator was acting erratically. It continued to do so after I filled the tank. The bottom line is that I expected someone to open the shop, notice that my truck was gone, get my voice message and actually call me. No one has at this point. I don't know if they will ever call. I am watching my driveway under the truck to see if it continues to leak. I it stays dry and clean I will know that they must have done something and will close out the service. I am very frustrated at this point since my truck is my primary work vehicle...I've had to drive a mini-van for a month!

Latest posts

Members online