Exhaust back pressure

patoka7.3

Reaction score
Alright so on my sct x4 my ebp is reading about 60psi at idle and anywhere from 80-120psi while driving. I cleaned the sensor yesterday along with the tube. Nothing much happened what are the limits for this and should I get a new sensor.. What happens if the sensor reads too much pressure?

patoka7.3

Reaction score
What is koeo ? And how would I know if the vanes are stuck or not? It makes boost about 23 pounds just driving med throttle.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What is koeo ? And how would I know if the vanes are stuck or not? It makes boost about 23 pounds just driving med throttle.

Sorry, as stated koeo is key on engine off. 23 psi seems low. When driving monitor vgt duty cycle in percent. If at any time it sits at 14.99% or 84.99% they are sticking.

And when checking pressure at koeo, also check map and baro. All pressures should be damn close to each other. Ford says within 1.5 psi, but real world testing is usually between equal to .5 or .6 psi of eachother.

patoka7.3

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that if I'm driving and I let off the throttle quickly the turbo barks like every time... I don't believe it should do that unless I'm really beating on it should it

patoka7.3

Reaction score
My truck off with key on ebs reads 50 pounds
Can I unhook it till I buy a new one? What will come bad of it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It will run terrible eitherway. I would leave it plugged in because at least the computer will se a change in pressure, even if its incorrect. These things barely move out of their own way when you forget to plug them in...

patoka7.3

Reaction score
I unplugged it and my truck made more boost but the turbo barked every time. Sitting here idling my truck is around 57 psi on back pressure. My map kpa is about 14 psi at an idle. Also my vgt duty cycle does not move much away from about .65. Truck runs okay needs an injecot that I'm replacing tmrw.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
More boost is not always better. If the vanes are staying closed longer trying to change ebp, it will build a bunch of boost pretty quick, but will run like a turd. Any ford dealer should have a sensor in stock, so why not just throw it on there while you are replacing the injector? I would also replace the pigtail when you replace the sonsor, as they tend to get corroded, wires melt, etc.

Latest posts

Members online