Favorite injectors

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I ran FF 180/80’s for years and they were great. Paired with a BASB they were an excellent set up. EGTS were non existent. I am now Running Holder’s 180/80’s with a 364.5. Same can be said excellent towing set up and EGTs are complete non factor no matter the situation. I tried Holders when I needed new injectors because that what I run in my 6.0 Excursion. Their customer service is top notch and their products have been so far too.

superpsd

Reaction score
If you want longevity I would have a pair of injectors built from a new set not remand. I’ve built a few pairs. I’ve came up with my own tricks to get an old set run right. I also don’t demand any higher than 3000 psi in my own tuning. My own personal 7.3 I built B code splits modified to singles and 200% redat nozzles. Still going strong. I had a set of bran new injectors to build but probably will never need them.

13fist

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going with 238/80 in a couple of weeks. Nothing is as fun as changing injectors in the snow 🥶 but it is the only time off I'll have to do it.
Maybe I'll drive around a bit beforehand so the engine can keep me warm.

When you say the new last longer than the reman, I'm curious what parts are the contributors to longevity in the new. I saw that in the chart on your website also and it's something I'm considering. I guess it would be a hard number to pin down, what with free will and all the strange things people do to their trucks, but let's say properly maintained and cared for. If you don't mind saying, what would be the difference in lifespan with your remans vs new?

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
Everything on the fuel side can be replaced to make a reman no different than a new injector physically. The oil side (poppet valve/seat) cannot be changed. The oil side is the heart of a HEUI injector.

13fist

Reaction score
nicetouch.jpg

I thought that was a nice touch. Marking them like that has got to be quite valuable for keeping track of QC and troubleshooting any issues that crop up.
The sheet with the max and idle flow is another thing I've not ever seen included before.
I've got tunes ordered from a couple of places to see what's what. You mentioned AA but other than the folks that get grumpy when I whip out my flask for snort at the meetings I can't say I've heard of them and I'd like to give them a try too. Is there a link or do I go through the Bitterroot website?
Anyway, really happy so far. Cores are draining and I should have them on the way to you Monday or so.

Bitterroot Diesel

Reaction score
Here you go!

13fist

Reaction score
These injectors are great! It shows how bad the old ones were. Honestly, worse than I thought. The idle is so smooth, even cured a little vibration I had become acclimated to. Definitely a loyal customer here.
Went through the post-injector swap ritual and got it running. With air in the system, I didn't think anything of the long cranking. Then I went looking for a clear patch of pavement to get on it a bit, only to have the hpop give up. I did all the things. Tried several IPRs, and ICPs, starting without tunes, all the same.
That is just how my luck goes. Replace a ball joint, and end up dropping the trans for some random unforeseen nonsense. The tunes I've tried so far were ok for the short time I could run them but will need some adjustment. I haven't got the AA tunes to try yet.
So now that injectors are sorted out, do I go with another adrenalin, or try someone else? If I could source parts, I'd reman this myself. I have always wanted to give that a shot.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that Terminator was still making pumps.
They are for sure. Working on another pump right now. Its called the T800. It's in testing stages right now. But I believe it's scheduled for production some time early next year. I believe that's the case.

Bitterroot might have more details and be able to clarify the above. Joey could for sure.

13fist

Reaction score
I'm going to try a couple more things. So far all roads lead to my hpop being the problem. I even took a new ipr & icp out of the package just to make sure.
I just really don't want it to be the hpop right now. dangit.:mad: But it has been doing it's job since 2014 in the ballpark of 200k. How much should I expect from a reman?
Injector O-rings aren't leaking and no external leaks, I know that for certain.

jschildm

Reaction score
You might contact dieselsite to see what they have to say. I had one fail after quite a few years and miles (not as many as you though) and I was content with the service and resolution I received.

13fist

Reaction score
I may try that too, just to see what they say. I'm still trying to convince myself if I do enough things it will get better or be some other problem.
Just a bit more troubleshooting and I can blame it on something else. I'm pretty sure that will work.😣 Something...something the same task, expecting different results?
I'll have to give up soon and bite the bullet anyway.

Latest posts

Members online