FICM 35V

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Yesterday i installed an edge cts in my truck and while monitoring my ficm was reading above 47v at all times but this morning when i started my truck the alarm on the cts started going off and my voltage was reading 35v it took about 10 minutes for the voltage to get above 45v. and on the way to work it would periodically drop below 45V.

I have 2 new yellowtop optimas and the battery voltage jumps to 14v when the alternator kicks on so there both good.

should i trust the reading on the cts and get a new FICM or fix the old one, i manually checked the volatge not to long ago when i had a no start issue but it checked out fine then??

bboteler

Reaction score
Some guys have had success doing them on their own...I'm not that brave but their are very detailed directions around.

STROKER

Reaction score
you could always double check it with a volt meter, but I bet your ficm's shot. Contact a site sponsor they'll get you hooked up with a new one.:thumbsup:

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense I checked it with a volt meter KOEO AND running and the meter says 48.8 but when I bolt everything back up and go for a drive the edge yells at me periodically and I keep getting the FICM performance code and the ICP SENSOR circuit low code

Also checking my battery voltage with my meter there at 14.3v with engine running but edge says 13.6 - 14v

MorganY

Reaction score
Did you check it when the motor was warm? There is considerably more load put on the FICM under cold start conditions. I replace more half shells during a few winter months, than I do the whole year.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Yes this morning was when my edge was saying 35v and then when I got off work I manually checked it and it was at 49

Extended Power

Reaction score
Trying to see what a phase 6 is worth, but the website does not let you pick 4 or 7 pin, color, or what phase...
Anyone know what the price is for the phase 6 in a 7 pin is?

Damn...not even 2 weeks after Christmas, and I'm trying to spend money again...sheeesh.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
lol i called BPD and it wont let you pick because there sold out the one i ordered was a 6 phase 4p in and blue The damage was $690:eek:

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
IMO the 6 phase is the one to get if you can budget for it.
Not real sure how i got the wife on board but i did LOL
now if this alog with the rev x does not fix the stiction issue im not sure it will be as easy to talk her into Full Force 190/100s $3500:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.