FICM question

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
I just installed my sct livewire ts and one of the first things I looked at is my ficm voltage. Engine off it reads 48 cranking it reads 48 but when it first starts I have seen it dip as low as 30 but when the engine warms up it slowly works back up to 48. Also it varies with engine rpm till it warms completely up, higher the rpm higher the voltage. The truck cranks a little long when cold so I always had a suspicion of a weak ficm. I thought that if it had a low reading it would stay low though. Just wondering if this is normal to a weak ficm or if its something with the livewire.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have one now that does this and you'd never know it other than monitoring voltage. As it gets colder out you'll notice it fire and start running rougher for the first few minutes though. Someone in TX would probably never even know there was a problem however.

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
That's exactly the way mine acted except every once in a while even when warm out I had some longer than normal starts. Already got my ficm from ed though and runs like a gem now. Great customer support and quick.

Latest posts

Members online