ficm repair

smokey73

Reaction score
who to use for ficm repair trucks down and need it. would like a bdp but money is tight right now any help is appreciated.

smokey73

Reaction score
im new to this ficm stuff so my 03 should have a 7 pin not a 4 does that make a difference with the half shell? If it does not would you know the part number?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I'll be fixing them tonight bud. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, my phone is on the fritz right now. Just keeps shutting off on me randomly.

Going to Hannaford after work for some steaks and beers and heading over to my buddies place right after to start working on them. :blitzed:

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you need one RIGHT AWAY, and can get to Herkimer, I'm 90% sure I'll have at least one good one in that batch that is already at proper voltages that you can borrow until I can fix some others... I'll know more in a couple hours. That way I can do my usual repair verification.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Oh in that case if you really need one and can get to Herkimer I'll give you the one off of my truck. It will buy us a couple days for me to get one of the repaired one's to you. Is that your only ride? Can you bring your FICM down with you? I'll just swap you a good working one right now, fix yours for you, and then we can swap back towards the end of the week? My apologies for not being able to get it done sooner man. I have 4 or 5 I need to do tonight, I will just go ahead and test them all right away, as soon as I know if I have a good one or not, I'll call you.

Mdub707

Reaction score
They will all be fixed before the end of the night, but I usually like to put them on my truck and do a few cold starts with them to ensure they're good... so technically speaking it could still be ready tonight, I just prefer to do some cold start testing. That's up to you. FWIW, I haven't had one mess up on the cold starts after repair, I'm kind of paranoid about that stuff though. Being that your local it would be a lot easier if there was a problem.

smokey73

Reaction score
If I could come get one tomorrow late afternoon that would work for me I get out of work at 330 so I could be there with mine by 530 or 6

Mdub707

Reaction score
That works too man. I can hang around in this area after work and wait for you then, save you the trip down to Richfield LOL

Latest posts

Members online