FICM?

vcassens

Reaction score
just double checking I got into a disagreement with my boss and it turns out I am right LOL but I do think mine is on the way out I just need to make some time to check it out

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well I will tell you if you swap your FICM with a buddies you will get a FICM incompatibility code, just like if you run a tuned FICM as well... it will still work, but it must be tied to the original truck somehow...

It doesn't throw a CEL, but it is a soft code in there.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Well I will tell you if you swap your FICM with a buddies you will get a FICM incompatibility code, just like if you run a tuned FICM as well... it will still work, but it must be tied to the original truck somehow...
It doesn't throw a CEL, but it is a soft code in there.
Does the FICM perhaps have the PCM strategy stored in it?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Ahhh, OK. I wondered about the VIN then rationalized that it was more likely the strategy.

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Makes perfect sense that it would throw a soft code.

Is it possible for the aftermarket FICM programmers to program in the trucks VIN? Or is that only possible with IDS?

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so the problem with the bus is that the ficm has no voltage at the test screw and it is a international 3200 series bus with a dt365 so I took the ficm out of a running bus and it had the same problem so I am leaning toward the ecm being bad. because all it will do is crank but wont start and it has good hpo and fuel so we will see LOL

Mdub707

Reaction score
Are you getting smoke out the exhaust when cranking? If you're not, then the injectors are not firing, which tells us it's either a HPO issue or possibly FICM/electrical. If you're getting smoke, then it's something else.

vcassens

Reaction score
No smoke and no voltage at the test screw in the ficm checked it with a good ficm from a running bus and same thing so it is something with the wiring but I did not see anything and the other one we have did almost this exact same thing and turned out to be the ecm so we will see I just have not had time to get back to it since the first day I posted

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.