FICM?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dad has an 04 6.0 with a build date of 9/03. The truck only has 75,000 miles on it. Last night he parked it after work, and went out to start it this morning and it would just crank and crank and crank. It attempted to start but wouldn't. So tonight when he got home from work he checked voltage and read codes. He got the codes P0261, P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273, P0276, P0279, and P0282. He did not have the P0611 code though. When we checked voltage with the scanner it started out at 48v, but when he was cranking it went down below 40v.

We believe this to be a FICM, but I just wanted to hear your guys' input. If it is the FICM where is the best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
I have one moded and ready to go. I can ship it to you today if you like. just PM me or give me a call and I will help any way I can.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Definitely a FICM issue. The scanner wont read lower than 40V either, so chances are it's dropping below that even.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Definitely a FICM issue. The scanner wont read lower than 40V either, so chances are it's dropping below that even.

Yeah, the Snap On Solus actually read it all the way down to 24v last night. It just kept dropping as he was cranking.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have one moded and ready to go. I can ship it to you today if you like. just PM me or give me a call and I will help any way I can.

I don't know if you got my PM or not so I left you a message this morning. I just need some more info, and to possibly get this thing ordered ASAP.

OVRpatriot633

Reaction score
I had the same issue shortly after buying my 06 6.0. First I tried to do the soldering job to repair it, and that only worked for about a week and it threw the code again. Then I got the dealership I bought the truck from (Toyota) to give me a discounted aftermarket warranty that would cover the FICM. So I took it to Ford, and after all that, Ford told me it was actually covered under a factory warranty/recall (I dont remember which one), because they were having so many problems with them. I only paid 100 out of pocket to have it replaced, so I'd call Ford and see if its still covered, but knowing them they will want you to bring it in and have it scanned before they answer any questions.

Good Luck.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I ended up getting one for about $380. It fixed the problem and my dad has had no issues since.

Latest posts

Members online