Finally back together

6speedsd

Reaction score
Truck is in the process if being back together. Got most of it done today, just need to tie up some loose ends tomorrow before it's ready to fire up. Work done..

155/30's
KC 1.5
RR
Uppipes
Studs
Updates

Haven't gotten a tune written for it all yet. I know it's safe to crank and run on stock programming, but would I be good running it for a few days on stock programming to give it a good shakedown before I slap a new tune on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well on top of my previous question.....

Got it all back together about dark tonight. Got FP set on the RR regulator, fixed a small fuel leak, then tried to fire it over. Sounds really odd... Not sure how to explain it. TSB fault started flashing on the dash so I put AE on it. Cyl 3 and 7 circuit low. Wtf? Everything worked fine when I parked the truck a month ago. I'll double check the connectors on those two tomorrow and hope maybe a pin got pushed in a little or something. Don't see how the ficm would just go bad sittin on a shelf in my garage. Also plugged in the ficm tuner I have from IDP. It's been on inductive heat for a while, and wanted to switch off of that and to performance before I tire cranking. Tuner wouldn't work. Something about being the wrong vehicle or incorrect programming. Had a code but can't remember what it was now. Plugged the X3 in and it worked reading codes and setting the truck back to stock programming. Guess I better check ficm voltage too...

Watch ICP/IPR when cranking. ICP actual stayed at zero while desired was somewhere around 1500ish. IPR was 84%. Only tried cranking it three times....wanted to fix that circuit low issue first.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
It can take a good bit of cranking to fill the oil rails back up after having them off. I usually top them off in the plug on top of them and fill with oil through the oil filter to help prime the system. Always starts up with a lot less cranking.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well I knew it would take a while and lots of cranking. I'm not worried about that. It's those circuit low codes that threw me. Don't understand why I'm getting them when everything worked fine before teardown.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.