Finally fried my 4r100.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well my stock tranny finaly clocked out, 160k miles 60 of which were driven by me. I was drivin around playin in the mud when I lost OD and D... limped it back home and lost 2nd and as i was pulling in the driveway I lost it all. luckily I had a trans waiting to go in that was rebuilt and had a shift kit in it (which i am assuming does similar to what a modded valve body does???) and a better TC and clutches.. would adding a Valve body do any good? any other suggestions for the new tranny?

Note to self... Tranny fluid shouldnt smell like it just came out of the microwave, and shouldnt look like mapel syrup mixed with chocolate milk...

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Well stinks that you fried it, but at least you had another lol. If it were me though and I was going to do anything tranny wise with my 4r100 I would have just saved up for a bts or john woods trans, and be done with it, but thats just me.

Last edited:

juniort444e

Reaction score
Do you know what all was used to rebuild your newly built trans. Im still trying to out weigh my options right now. I really want a bts, but dont have the green backs right now.

Latest posts

Members online