finally tuned!

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Finally tuned and ******d my 2011, 5" straight pipe. I think im in love all over again! :evil

Ive searched, maybe im looking in the wrong places.. is the 111hp tune from PIP safe for daily driving or should i set it to street?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
My truck never leaves performance unless I tow. But I have a different guy tuning it.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Finally tuned and ******d my 2011, 5" straight pipe. I think im in love all over again! :evil

Ive searched, maybe im looking in the wrong places.. is the 111hp tune from PIP safe for daily driving or should i set it to street?

You are safe bud. It'd be smart to set it in the hottest tune and go easy on the skinny peddle to get the best mpg.

craigm6305

Reaction score
You are safe bud. It'd be smart to set it in the hottest tune and go easy on the skinny peddle to get the best mpg.

This! It took me a little time to wrap my head around loading the hot tune, but once I did my MPG went up.

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Has anyone loaded the extreme tune? Im guessing its about 28psi? Safe, or safe for a couple track runs? I havent loaded any other tune yet, the performance tune is pretty nice. I beat a ******d and tuned duramax, he said his turbo was maxed out

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone loaded the extreme tune? Im guessing its about 28psi? Safe, or safe for a couple track runs? I havent loaded any other tune yet, the performance tune is pretty nice. I beat a ******d and tuned duramax, he said his turbo was maxed out

depends on what year your truck is.

Notneb

Reaction score

On the 2015's it's about 35psi max on extreme. I know my 2012 was seeing 36psi. So yes 28psi is safe.

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
2011 with no limit egr ****** and 5" straight pipe. I know the turbos are weaker, guess ill load the extreme pip tune and see how it runs lol. I know performance peaks 27psi and holding around 24 i think

Captaincworley

Reaction score
My 15 usually sees 37-39psi on the Hottest tune. I leave it on Hot Street tho and it's usually 37psi max.

Charles

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Jesus do the 15s really run that much boost? Sounds like a time bomb, but im a newbie to these trucks lol

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
I tried the extreme tune at the track, was about the same as performance. Saw about 26psi I wouldve thought more? What are people seeing on a 2011 turbo?

I did a 30-75mph pull the other day and my egt got to almost 1400 so maybe its defueling at the track, 1/8th mile. Ran a 9.1 starting in 2nd @74mph

getstroked27

Reaction score
I typically say 26-28 PSI with the converter locked up is about right. still very safe, from what i have seen over 30 loaded is when you will start seeing issues, besides, it is out of the turbos efficiency map. it will just be blowing hot air at that point, whether it blows apart or stays together. Gotta remember boost is just a sign of restriction, not power. just my 2 cents

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
I got ya thanks, well looks like i need to stop playing before i talk myself into a turbo upgrade lmao. I almost got a xlt 15' 6.7 but ended up in a loaded 11'. Love it, but wish it had the better turbo

Latest posts

Members online