Finding a small exhaust leak easily

loboost

Reaction score
Is there such a thing?

I put a 66 kit on my 06 6.0...everything went fairly smooth...

After finishing I started the truck... all is still fine...

Run down the road to verify operation and under moderate throttle I can hear an exhaust leak somewhere...

Anyone have any suggestions on finding it? Or where a common leak point is?

ThNks

florida 6.0

Reaction score
If you cant feel it you can use one of those long grill lighters to find it . As soon as you find the leak the flame will blow around or go out . Its not the fanciest way but it works .

juniort444e

Reaction score
I made my dad push a piece of plywood over the exhaust tip and I crawled around til I found mine. It should make it hiss a little louder this way making it easier to find.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

loboost

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its progressively getting worse the more it runs. Sounds like its on the drivers side...I'll bet where the up pipe mates.

I've had a freakin time with these anyway...maybe I didn't get them tight enough...or maybe they're backing off

Blake

Reaction score
When i put my 66 on my up pipes wouldn't mate well due to the up pipes hitting the reg return elbow just fyi

Diesel power done right

loboost

Reaction score
When i put my 66 on my up pipes wouldn't mate well due to the up pipes hitting the reg return elbow just fyi

Diesel power done right

Initially that was my issue...but since having them reworked they clear amazingly...I can fit 2 fingers between the fitting & the pipes

loboost

Reaction score
I have tightened the collectors twice...the leak stops for a while then comes back. I'm getting frustrated with it.

I marked the bolts so I know they aren't backing off.

I have tightened them hot twice.

I want to add that these are not the up pipes I have for sale in the classifieds. This is an entirely different truck and set

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.