Finished E99 to L99 Conversion

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Finally got the truck up and running. It seems to be running great as of right now!!! As for anyone with an E99 looking to convert over to a L99 set-up, let me say it can be easily done just very time consuming.You will need all of the follwing from a L99 motor,i got my stuff from a buddys core motor. L99 up_pipes and Y connectors(some may by new bellows like i did), L99 intake spyder or aftermarket one,L99 Turbo and pedestal,intake plenums, and various boots and clamps. I had troubles with rusted up-pipe bolts stuck in the manifolds that were a pain but after few hours i got them. Second pain was the passenger intake plenum due to the fuel bowl and lines. I just use ultra copper rtv high temp. ill try to post u pics later.

bruce

Reaction score
so you took off a stock turbo just to put on another stock turbo? sounds like a solid plan

TERRCO

Reaction score
Im sure this is what he wanted. SD factory parts can be had for cheap. He can still do a 38R later. Hell he can even do a compound setup later. Why put so many limits on his setup.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Tough crowd, I don't believe I read anything about him shooting for any horsepower numbers warranting a t4 setup?

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
@bruce yea it was a solid plan cause your only decent option for a e99 turbo is a d66 compared to the L99 setup which are easier to find turbo parts and turbos for. But thanks alot for trying to be a smart ass for no apparent reason. nd yea i paid 400 bucks for a complete motor with a **** piston.Turbo to oil pan, injectors to hpop it was all there. took a weekend of my time big whoop

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Sounds like a win win.
He bought a core engine to build a T4 kit on & had to pull all the turbo parts off to do so anyway, why not throw them on his truck in the mean time?

bruce

Reaction score
i could understand if you would have thrown on a 38r but to go through all that work to still be runnin a stock turbo seems like a lot of wasted effort

littleredstroker

Reaction score
i could understand if you would have thrown on a 38r but to go through all that work to still be runnin a stock turbo seems like a lot of wasted effort

Do u not understand?? He's wanting to build his own t4... If you are wanting a Ferrari , you're not gonna buy a mustang to get you by, you're gonna keep bombing around in the geo metro

sent while staring at a windowed block

bruce

Reaction score
I understand fully, if you want to build a t4 off an engine that's cool but why would waste the time to swap over parts for no gain. I guess I'm just not the kind of guy to do work for no gain.

Southmike

Reaction score
well having a complete engine at 400 bucks is a no brainer..esp if it had injectors.
plus now you have an engine to mock up the t4 mount on. depending on the damage I would rebuild that as well.

not having that as anoption I would have spent that money on the diy 66 barder turbo kit 1000+cfm

Latest posts

Members online