Fixin to drop the trans...

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I'm fixin to drop the old trans out and replace with a new Ford unit. Anything particular I need to know? I've done several old school trans swaps on 70's model cars, but this will be my first 4wd. Any extra gaskets or anything I'm gonna need?

bgrimm1

Reaction score
Yes like he said it is pretty heavy but not to bad at all. Had mine dropped in a Few hours with a buddy and a floor jack and some beers. A trans jack would de be a great tool though

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
In my experience it's a pita to get the tranny and t case separated every time I've had my trans out (5-6 times in the past year or so). It took a lot of beating with mallets and prying to get them apart.

smokedout250

Reaction score
^^^I have always drop them together seems way easier! Alot easier to separate out from under the truck. Good trans jack should help alot it should be pretty straight forward! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
A screw from Ford and now I won't get my trans until next weekend. ***. Really makes me wish I had the funds to go with JD. SumBish. Hope this thing holds together until then.

ricg

Reaction score
@03 tx pwr stroke Im about to drop a buddys trans tonight out of his 6.0 f350 he is getting it rebuild from someone local for a GOOD price. If you need a hand next weekend let me know. 979-481-1439..

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I may just do that man. Thanks. The plan is to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Gonna try to get the old one pulled out friday and returned for the core charge, and hopefully have the new one in and truck running Saturday. Best laid plans and all that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.