Fluidamper install ??

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
OK any one know the tap size for the front crank bolt that holds it on. Looks like the start of the thread has been butchered when the balancing was done.

P8100338.jpg

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
No quite smooth actually. On the fluid dampener just make sure the seal race ways are both inline in the fluid dampener. Mine were not and I was in a rush and did not check and it cost me the whole dampener and a extra hour to get the seal back off. So just make a quick look see and make sure everything is lined up.

97powerstroke

Reaction score
Get a balancer installer it will make your life a lot easier. I would be afraid of messing the threads up by using a bolt to pull it on.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
So if i get a M16x1.0 tap, whats my chances of starting a new thread and then picking up on the good thread that is already there. ?? Or is there another way of going about it ?? It looks like the first couple of threads are fubered.

Peroni

Reaction score
So if i get a M16x1.0 tap, whats my chances of starting a new thread and then picking up on the good thread that is already there. ??

My first choice would be a taper tap. The cutting teeth taper gradually up to full depth on the tap. This really helps starting a tap in a hole where the first few threads might be damaged. Second choice is a plug tap. It's similar to the taper tap only it does not have as many chamfered teeth and should still work out ok. If you Google taper or plug tap you find some pics that will better explain their geometry.

Just remember it's M16X2. You try sticking a M16X1 in there and you'll really be stuffed. Also use a bit of cutting oil on the tap.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
All good. Ran a tap and gotta longer bolt. The sucker is on. Had to put a ratchet strap on the pulley. One on the handle of the flywheel wrench and another on the end of the flywheel wrench were it grabs in the teeth to stop it from jumping off. 212 ft/lb is hard to do on ya own.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Almost got a hernia getting mine on.

Me poor young fella was hanging on to the the flywheel wrench as hard as he could and the bloody thing popped off and sent head over ass against the garage wall. Lol. he got himself up, dusted himself off and said " Im OK dad" . God love him

Latest posts

Members online