Found potential project truck, any reason 05<07?

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a rcsb super duty, I already have a white 09 short bed. So, I want a white 2003+ 2wd truck. I found a decent one (possibly) it's an XL with 3.73 limited slip rear, 5R110W auto trans, 6.0 engine with about 220,000 miles. Is there any reason the 05 would be a worse starting point than an 06,07 truck? I can't think of anything much that would be different just thought I'd ask. I do plan to add carpet floor and cloth or leather capt chairs, also lower it with djm suspension parts. Thanks for any info/recommendation

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Ok cool I'm hoping the exterior condition does not completely disappoint me when I see it in person. The seller has done recent work to it and acts like it is great shape mechanically. I probably will not put a lot of miles on it but I don't want to be working on it often either once it is done. I see a lot of these trucks with high miles it seems. I did not know if there were many big changes, especially engine changes, thru 6.0 years. I know 03 had the different turbo but I don't know about other changes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.