front end / 4x4 problems

Nic

Reaction score
scenario 1 - when turning into driveways on uneven surfaces or backing out sometimes the steering locks up and it will not turn back unless you roll it forward and recorrect it

scenario 2 - when 4x4 engauged and put in reverse it idles slowly to a dead stop and when being put back into drive, same thing. when accelerating theres a mild shudder and major roll resistance.

conclusion from me to him - jack the front end up and check wheel bearing play. then if theyre tight, i suppose it points to the hub assembly. thats the only thing i can think of unless theres an axle broke? any other inputs? shocks tight, steering tight and sway bar tight...

BINGS 03 6.0

Reaction score
Might want to check your u joints also mine where locked solid from dried grease and rust. Caused the truck just to start wandering back and forth after a tight turn. Got real hairy driving like you had no steering control.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Does your defroster come on when you put it in 4x4, assuming you have ESOF. The seals in my hubs leak, so my ESOF doesnt work properly. In order to keep front end from jolting and popping on pavement afterwards, I have to turn the hub all the way to "free", and hold. While holding, I have to rock the spindles back and forth until it frees up.

Solved all my symptoms, that you stated above.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.