Fuel in oil pan

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Truck came in for locked up a/c compressor, we happen to check the oil level and ended up draining about 6 gallons out of the pan. Owner says he just checked the oil days before and it was fine.
Regardless, we ran fuel pump with no valve covers and did not see fuel coming from around injectors. We pulled injectors, inspected everything, found nothing obvious so re-oringed, checked fuel pressure again with no oil rails, put back together, and still getting fuel in the oil. Gained about 3 qts in 20 minutes of driving.

Any idea what's causing this?
Everything I have read says injectors, but where exactly is the fuel getting to the oil, if not out the top of the bore?
Truck runs great, no smoke, no issues at all, just happen to catch over full on the dipstick.

Thanks for any help.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I had a truck a while back that had an issue with the injector just above the top oring. it would weep from the middle of the injector. Hard to spot but finially did. I had drained about 30qts of oil from that truck. Had a weird vibration in the engine, checked the oil and about crapped myself. Good thing she didn't run away.

Latest posts

Members online