fuel leak at upper fuel bowl

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
ok for the past few weeks everytime i drive my truck i smell raw diesel fuel. never really saw anything so a week ago i went and cleaned up the engine at the spray wash. checked it later that day and didnt really see anything. ive driven it a few times (wife got a new expy and i have a work truck so my truck now does alot of driveway duty) so far i havent noticed a huge loss in fuel economy. so i was begining to think it was all in my head untill tonight. when i came home and it was kinda dark and it was just kinda buggin me so i got out the flash light and saw a wet area on the thermostat housing. upon further investigation i let the truck run and found it slowly dripping from the upper fuel bowl. here is a video btw THIS IS NOT MY TRUCK BUT IT IS LEAKING AT THE SAME SPOT.http://youtu.be/_Dfr2QUeatM
my question is what kit do i need to get to replace the oring? is this the same kit that contains the blue spring? i havent done the blue spring upgrade so i will probably just do that since ill have it apart. i need to plumb a fuel psi sender as well. does anyone have the international part numbers and does international use the upgraded "blue spring"

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Mine was leaking a few months ago. The Ford dealer didn't have just the o-ring type gasket but ordered it for me. I think it was around $8. I didn't do the spring upgrade cause I have a regulated return. I would just buy the kit from Ford with spring and all in it.

Other then that I hope the horrible idle is just low fuel pressure from a bad spring. That engine sounds like its starving for fuel. Get a set of fuel filters while your at it of they haven't been changed in a while.

jbkingranch

Reaction score
8k your probly good. I believe 15k is your regular interval. That one on the frame just sucks. I'd like to thump the Ford engineer in the skull that came up with that setup. I think the money I spent on changing my entire fuel system up was worth it just so I don't have to change that filter.

Latest posts

Members online