Fuel Pressure Issue

Juvenile9

Reaction score
I'm having a issue with high fuel pressure. My pressure sensor went bad so I replaced it and found my fuel pressure to be 100 psi. I ordered a FPR kit from Diesel O-Rings with the spring kit. Installed the gold spring and psi dropped to 80. Took the gold spring out and installed the stock spring and it dropped 76 psi. I blew air through the return line and can here bubbles in the tank. Doesn't seem like there is a restriction in the return line. Just looking for some ideas to try and figure this out. Fuel system is all stock.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
I'm having a issue with high fuel pressure. My pressure sensor went bad so I replaced it and found my fuel pressure to be 100 psi. I ordered a FPR kit from Diesel O-Rings with the spring kit. Installed the gold spring and psi dropped to 80. Took the gold spring out and installed the stock spring and it dropped 76 psi. I blew air through the return line and can here bubbles in the tank. Doesn't seem like there is a restriction in the return line. Just looking for some ideas to try and figure this out. Fuel system is all stock.

I'd leave the stock spring in it and call it a day.

Juvenile9

Reaction score
I'm going to install a snubber valve before the fuel pressure sending unit and see if that changes my gauge reading. I've got 2 brand new sending units and they both read the same. The gauge reads 76 psi when you turn the key on and drops to 0 when the fuel pump kicks off. So I'm pretty sure the gauge is working correctly, but maybe the sending unit isn't reading correctly. I'll try the snubber valve and report back what happens.

Latest posts

Members online