Fuel pump for 238 Hybrids

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Starting to give my 7.3 more attention and money. Stock pump with a regulated return would not keep up with the injectors. Thinking about doing a Aermotive A1000. Any one have another ones to look at? Due to the reliability of some of these pumps at 65 psi I was thinking about pluming in my stock pump as a back up pump. Can I have both the pumps working or will two pumps of different pressures and volumes mess with each other?
Thanks

Rodslinger

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369961657.183942.jpg

I think this is the best for a daily driver. I have had mine in the ex for about 20k and not a single issue. The peace of mind that if one side goes down a simple throw of a switch will kick the other side on.

rascal

Reaction score
I was planning on dual Bosch OE pumps when I get my injectors.

Hard to beat the reliability of them plus they are easy to replace quick if you need to.

Good luck!

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
A local guy to me is running a walbro gsl392 with those injectors on a 80% nozzle, and isnt having an issue holding pressure. (01stroked) The a1000 is probably the next step up from that, it's noisy as hell compared to the 392 but it will sure flow some fuel

CSIPSD

Reaction score
A local guy to me is running a walbro gsl392 with those injectors on a 80% nozzle, and isnt having an issue holding pressure. (01stroked) The a1000 is probably the next step up from that, it's noisy as hell compared to the 392 but it will sure flow some fuel

I used to support the Walbro, but I just lost my third one in as many years...

Back to OEM pumps.

Dual Factory pumps are the best option out there period.

JDub

Reaction score
Another vote for dual stock pumps in parallel. Supported 580hp in my truck for quite sometime. Pumps are durable and even if one failed the truck is still drivable.

I ran the Fuel lab pump on my 2wd truck and it supported 900+, but I don't think it has the longevity for a daily driver...

Sent from my XT907

Arisley

Reaction score
Another vote for dual stockers. No you don't need check valves, they are built into the pumps. The nice thing about dual stockers, you lose one pump, the truck will still get you home and drive fine unless you get into the throttle hard.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Exactly how I knew another Wal-bro had **** the bed... Dropping fuel pressure if I got on it at all.

Arisley

Reaction score
Right now I am running a single stocker (got one that died, have not put the replacement in yet). Normal driving it will hold 65 lbs. all day. Stick my foot in it and ask those injectors to start drinking and pressure drops off in a hurry.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Another vote for dual stockers. No you don't need check valves, they are built into the pumps. The nice thing about dual stockers, you lose one pump, the truck will still get you home and drive fine unless you get into the throttle hard.

Not according to Bosch. I've spoken to them about this setup and the reply I got was the ONLY checkvalves on any of their pumps in this series are the ones that are SCREWED INTO THE OUTLET (like you get on an 044 pump). I specifically mentioned running parallel stock super duty pumps and was told that external checkvalves were recommended in the event of one pump quitting.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
I would look into the Holley. Two pumps in one, easily mounted, built in checks and a good warranty. I have them in my boat, jeep and my Ex. No issues with any of them ever and will hold 65 psi @wot with 238/100s with just the one side of the pump.
My $.02

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Hmmm well I Do like trying new stuff that is different from the norm, although that normal bites me in the ass LOL You have this same pump in 3 things witch does give me a little more hope.

I would look into the Holley. Two pumps in one, easily mounted, built in checks and a good warranty. I have them in my boat, jeep and my Ex. No issues with any of them ever and will hold 65 psi @wot with 238/100s with just the one side of the pump.
My $.02

Latest posts

Members online