Fuel pump speed controller.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I've always used fuelabs. On them you can just jump them to run slow, fast or use something to control the speed. Not sure on a a1000

Reaction score
with a fuelab you do not use enough fuel for the need of high speed..low speed though a 5/8 line is plenty,,,.my fuelab said to run on low speed unless your racing.. when on high speed it should be only used at WOT or you will risk burning it up....all you need is some wire and a toggle switch to make it work in cab,,why do you think you need high speed??? are you loosing psi???

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I'm not losing psi, maybe I used a poor choice of words. I'm currently running an A1000, I'm just wondering if I need some sort of speed controller when I'm just cruising around town or idling for a extended time.

I don't wanna burn the pump up from doing so. If its not necessary to run a controller I won't .

ja_cain

Reaction score
I would look into a pwm controller. It will keep the motor cooler. One that would be compatible with a boost/map sensor output would be cool too. It would just increase duty cycle as the boost rises. Not sure what the factory signal for the factory pump is but may be able use this to modulate the pump.

01PSD

Reaction score
Lots of people are running around with A1000s without the speed controller... haven't heard any negatives

ja_cain

Reaction score
Also, a pwm controller with fuel pressure feedback would technically not need a return line.

m j

Reaction score
Lots of people are running around with A1000s without the speed controller... haven't heard any negatives

really? cause most of the threads discussing a1000 have someone chime in that 'you better carry a spare'

I have yet to see an install that met Aeromotives installation criteria
aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/11101.pdf

I am trepiditious about using that pump for traveling up north this winter.

01PSD

Reaction score
really? cause most of the threads discussing a1000 have someone chime in that 'you better carry a spare'

I have yet to see an install that met Aeromotives installation criteria
aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/11101.pdf

I am trepiditious about using that pump for traveling up north this winter.

Only threads I've read that included the need for a spare were about Airdogs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
prolly could get ahold of one of our vendors and ask what is needed for an A1000a pump.. pm or call dennis at strictly, jake at irate and I think marty at marty's diesel just to name a few.

live life full throttle

m j

Reaction score
this is the outlet of an aeromotive regulator from my friends eliminator system (bigger pump then an a1000)

this is smaller then the two 1/8npt fittings in the heads on our trucks.
the only way to tell if the pump is overworking is to pressure check the line feeding the motor and compare it to the reg readings

Attachments

• 2014-07-26 11.22.40.jpg
    2014-07-26 11.22.40.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 50

97stoker350

Reaction score
I haven't once seen people say you need to carry a spare when running an A1000. Fass and airdog deffinetly. I run an A1000 myself and haven't had a hiccup in 20000 miles. Set at 65psi from day one. Marty's custom system by the way. OP money would be better spent elsewhere. No need to over complicate something that doesn't need to be

Latest posts

Members online