Fuel side mods

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Looking at sending my injectors for some fuel side mods.

Anyone ever done just the mods without changing the cc's or nozzle ?

Was it worth it ?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I do have 200% nozzles, I'm just wondering what can of gains I will see. I would assume more hp on account the injector can empty more fuel in the same window correct ?

Would the fuel side mods require more oil than a normal 250/200 ?

I'm just wondering if its worth the coin to have it done. Theoretically a simple nitrous kit would net a bigger gain, however I'd like as much fuel only hp as I can get with my setup.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I do have 200% nozzles, I'm just wondering what can of gains I will see. I would assume more hp on account the injector can empty more fuel in the same window correct ?

Would the fuel side mods require more oil than a normal 250/200 ?

I'm just wondering if its worth the coin to have it done. Theoretically a simple nitrous kit would net a bigger gain, however I'd like as much fuel only hp as I can get with my setup.

If you take an injector - any injector and make it put more fuel in the cylinder in the same amount of time - you have increased the fuel injection rate. If you increase the fuel injection rate on a HEUI injector - then you also increase the oil consumption rate of that injector. So yes - you will need more oil flow rate if you end up putting more fuel into the motor even though you have not changed the capacity or the tip size.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Hmm, These are the answers Im looking for.

That being said Thuglike has 250/200s with SHO mods. And I believe he dynoed north of 700hp.

If I were to have them made to 3xx/200s with fuel side mods what gains are we talking here ? Ballpark obviously.

thuglike

Reaction score
It's really hard to guess. There is so much more that went into my rig on the trial and error side it's silly.

The SHO mod is an oil side mod. I can tell you this though, II is gonna get my sticks this winter to bump them to a 300/200. So I can report back in the spring.

I don't have the best of ever part but the ones I do have make one hell of a combination. They just seem to work well together. I'll bet if I change one part...I'd lose hp. I'd also say you can do exactly what I've done...part for part and have a totally different rig.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Yep, your so right. Ever truck is different, you have a near perfect setup in my opinion.

I've been hesitant to send my sticks in. I just personally don't see enough gain for the money. I've talked to Nate a few times and fuel mods are not a bad price to do. However for me to mod them to a 3xx/200 is only a few hundred cheaper than 400/400s. The problem with those is everything else needs to be beefed up lol. Hpop, wastegate and turbo. God knows if the rods will hold.

I'm starting to lean towards a basic nitrous kit just to crack in the 11s

thuglike

Reaction score
Yep, your so right. Ever truck is different, you have a near perfect setup in my opinion.

I've been hesitant to send my sticks in. I just personally don't see enough gain for the money. I've talked to Nate a few times and fuel mods are not a bad price to do. However for me to mod them to a 3xx/200 is only a few hundred cheaper than 400/400s. The problem with those is everything else needs to be beefed up lol. Hpop, wastegate and turbo. God knows if the rods will hold.

I'm starting to lean towards a basic nitrous kit just to crack in the 11s

Cheater. :pimp:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Haha. No way, your the cheater with those fancy cam and port head majiggys and the special live tuning treatment from Jody ;)

LOL

Give us stock long block guys a chance.

Latest posts

Members online