Fuel system question.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I did an irate regulated return with 3/8 fuel lines all the way around with a sump and a filter head that I got from peterbilt that uses the ff105 filter before the pump (walbro255). Parts guy said it was a 30 micron filter. It has no water drain valve on it and my question is does it still seperate the water out of the fuel? Is a 30 micron filter ok for longevity of the fuel pump?

PsRumors

Reaction score
The ff105 is just a filter, it will not separate the water.

In stock configuration the fuel going to the pump isn't filtered so anything is better. I'd change out the ff105 for a fuel water seperator. You should be able to find one that will filter to 10 - 20 microns.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Filtering before a pump can cause issues, oem doesn't do it and they last for well over a 100k. A water separator would be wise. Personally I use a 2-micron filter(thk Napa Gold 3513) mounted above the hpop(where the original was) before it feeds the heads.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Is this something that would be acceptable to use? And since it doesn't have a drain is every oil change a good time to change it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 70

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
I'd get one with a drain so it can be checked periodically, no since in changing it early for no reason unless you want to spend the money. I would still highly recommend a 2-micron filter pre-heads tho.

Reaction score
there is a very fine screen in the tank that acts as a filter if you have not done the hutch mod (removed the screen) you most certainly need a 20 to 40 micron filter before the pump if you remove that screen..then a 2 micron after the pump...

Last edited:

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I ran a sump so I don't have the screen anymore. I use the factory pick up tube for my return line.

greenman01

Reaction score
The ff105 is just a filter, it will not separate the water.

Wrong. The FF105 is a water separator.

If you want a primary filter with a drain then switch to an FS1212. It will fit the same filter head as the FF105.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.