gen3 twin ipr setup.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Well After getting my truck on the dyno with bill and letting him tune it. He just couldn't get it right. He spent a lot of time just working on the idle and trying to get it so it wouldn't stall when you hammered the throttle and let off fast. The single ipr just couldn't bleed pressure off fast enough. He had ipr DC under 5% I think. I'm sure he could explain it better than me. Well it looks like if I want to keep the gen3 I will need a twin ipr. So who has one and where can I get one? Or maybe somebody can make me one. I think it was HRT that made some twin ipr blocks. I'm also disappointed with the s468fmw she just didn't seem to have the punch that everybody claims this little turbo packs. I think 275's are just to much for it. May be time for a s471 with a race cover.

Blowby

Reaction score
Can you post a screen shot of your ICP, PW, MFD and DC tables?

mattman347

Reaction score
I can assure you the 468 has enough "punch". What boost were you making? Get your other problems fixed before you throw in the towel on the charger. A 471 is not going to be much of an upgrade anyway. We're you being dyno tuned?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I feel you on the stalling. Mine does it at random. Runs super choppy after a hard run.

Ive had multiple tuners send files, never got it 100%. Ive just delt with it.

And Id disagree, your 275s are not to much for that turbo...

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Maybe that's a sign that the GEN3 pump setup is a little "too" much? How about a stock dual setup or modified single pump? Kinda seems like putting a band-aid on a broken arm, no? How about that choppy shudder after startup?

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Gen3 is def more than enough. The side effects on mine being a puller dont mattter much but it even takes some dialing in to get a high idle setting to not throw a cel.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Maybe that's a sign that the GEN3 pump setup is a little "too" much? How about a stock dual setup or modified single pump? Kinda seems like putting a band-aid on a broken arm, no? How about that choppy shudder after startup?

The gen 3 is staying. It will be getting 400/400's and compounds the whole reason I bought the gen3. I have almost zero chop on start up.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
It was tuned on the dyno by bill at php. Spent over 3 hours just trying to get it to idle nice and not cut out if you let off on hard acceleration. In the end he said the ipr was just topped out and just couldn't keep up. Maybe he will chime in. As for the turbo it made like 48psi and was screaming. I had the gate slammed shut with co2 from the boost controller so that wasn't a factor. No boost leaks as far as I know. Made a disappointing 525hp and 1100ftlbs.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I thought swamps offered a dual ipr setup for the gen3. Maybe I am out in left field.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hows that disappointing? With the 275s holding enough fuel.for.550, you are under a bit. What were you expecting? 625?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Jason (HRT) has the nicest dual IPR block that I've ever seen. I know he's done some work with the gen3 on another guys setup and had good success. I'd shoot him a PM

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Hows that disappointing? With the 275s holding enough fuel.for.550, you are under a bit. What were you expecting? 625?

It had plenty of fuel left at wot to make more. next step will be to pressure test it for boost leaks. I'm pretty sure it has zero though. So people running the s468 what do you guys see for max boost. It has the fuel for 600 imo. I thought it would have the air too.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
It had plenty of fuel left at wot to make more. next step will be to pressure test it for boost leaks. I'm pretty sure it has zero though. So people running the s468 what do you guys see for max boost. It has the fuel for 600 imo. I thought it would have the air too.

I put down 519@968 with my 468 250/200s couldn't load it good enough and only got 39lbs. But on the street I'm seeing 52+ over 3k rpms

mattman347

Reaction score
Mine made 658 on Jonathan's dyno after being tuned and on the street makes 50-53 lbs boost. I ran a 7.79@85 at the track so it's close to the number it made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online