gettin frustrated. POP sound front.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
alright so i have a popping sound in the front end. so the past 2 weeks the truck has gotten all moog front end tierods and ball joints also warn lock outs. also did new sway bar bushings in the front and a leveling kit 2in hangars. the only things not done is SHOCKS there OEM factory ..... could this be it. the u joints in the CV axles have no play. also has dual steering stablizer set up on it. what are torque specs on front u bolts? any ideas!? HELP ha

NotStock

Reaction score
Did you do a leveling shackle by itself or a Shackle and hanger lift? Was an alignment done after? If you did a shackle only and then had an alignment done, they would have to put really large offset ball joint cams in. By doing this, it puts the ball joint in a bind and you can sometimes get a popping sound from it.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
Did you do a leveling shackle by itself or a Shackle and hanger lift? Was an alignment done after? If you did a shackle only and then had an alignment done, they would have to put really large offset ball joint cams in. By doing this, it puts the ball joint in a bind and you can sometimes get a popping sound from it.

well its getting tires and alignment tomorrow will they do the sleeves then? cause i just did the ball joints yester day.

NotStock

Reaction score
When you say you gauged it and its 0.0. Are you saying to put a castor gauge on and it read 0.0*? Now you are saying you have a "hanger setup"... Interesting. So you installed only the front hanger that goes on the front of the spring only? Not shackles (the part that goes at the rear of the spring)? Im really trying to help here but I need clear thoughts as to what you have in order to do so.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My bet is on the track bar...like I mentioned earlier. I also went with the bushings from Energy. Solved my popping sound issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.