glow plug circuit????

amarillo250

Reaction score
Hello guy's, I need to know where the stupid glowplug conector for Cylinder 1 is, my truck throws a code for glowplug circuit cylinder 1.
Can anybody help me and maybe a pic where it is located.
Thx, Frank

6leakertweeker

Reaction score
The glow plug module is on the passenger side valve cover. The glow plugs are just above the manifolds. The glow plug connectors are at the front of each valve cover.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
How hard are the glow plugs to replace? What are the common faults? My step dad has a glow plug code that had been popping up for the past year or so and now he is telling me if the truck sits for over 24hrs it will not start. Kinda sounds funny to me but I haven't been to town to look at the truck.

05wh250

Reaction score
I had 2 go out within a 6 month period so i replaced em all. There not that bad to get to. Pass side you have to pull the inner fender well. The biggest pain is gettin the connectors out of the head

willholl79

Reaction score
My 05 is giving me the same code when I do the glow plug test on AE. I have tried swapping GPs 1 and 3, but still get the same thing. Also have replaced the GPCM. I assume I have a wiring issue, I just haven't had time to track it down yet.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

6leakertweeker

Reaction score
Check where the wires make the turn around the corner of the valve covers. If they're not routed correctly there's a chance they can rub the stud that holds the VC down.

Latest posts

Members online