Good Fuel mileage

Reaction score
Was able to pull an average of 19.3 mpg, I use the same pump (at same station)for every fill up, and would drive to slightly below a quarter of my front tank. Average fill up was 15.8 gallons, and average mileage was 306.1. Just thought that was pretty good. This was mixed (55/45%) highway/city, and using my 80 economy tune, and at minimum driving speed limit (70 highway) which puts me at about 2100 rpm.

ja_cain

Reaction score
That's awesome! Last summer I pulled a high 18 in my SD with 65/35 (highway/city) driving. I forced myself to run no faster than 65 which put me around a max of maybe 1900 rpms. It would be interesting to see if you could break 20 driving like this. That extra 5 mph might have a pretty significant impact on your milage.

Reaction score
What's size tires are you running?

My mileage just went to complete $hit since I put the 400s in. Not that I care at this point. I think I'm averaging 10-11 mpg now.

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
I just averaged 18.3 with 285's and alot of idle time and prob 60/40 highway back road

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm also thinking I might try a tonou (however it's spelled) cover, and possibly a water meth system, something like the cooling mist system. Not sure I really want to spend the coin on the water system though, cause it would just be out of curiousity. Debated them over the years and still can't decide if I think they're worth it or not, what are yalls thoughts?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
That's way different then my 96. 4:10s and stock 235's on mine with swamps tuning , 6637 and a down pipe I get 14-15 no matter how easy I try to drive it. But. 60-62 mph puts me over 2,000 Rpms cruising

Reaction score
That's way different then my 96. 4:10s and stock 235's on mine with swamps tuning , 6637 and a down pipe I get 14-15 no matter how easy I try to drive it. But. 60-62 mph puts me over 2,000 Rpms cruising
Do you have any way of testing map sensor? Ebp sensor? Or anything for that matter? I'm using phone tapatalk which doesn't show location, are you anywhere near Buford ga.?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
No I'm near STL MO. my ebp is unplugged currently. Been that way since I bought it because it always came on for about the first 10 minutes of driving lol. Map sensor I have no idea. To my knowledge my truck runs perfect. But maybe I'm wrong ?

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the EBPV, just the EBP sensor, front of engine, top, above hpop reservoir, hooked to a small diameter tube that goes to the front of the passenger exhaust manifold

Reaction score
Yup, take it off (the sensor) and then pull the tube off, and check to see if it's (the tube) clogged, only takes a few minutes to check... If clogged, try to clean it out, and reinstall... Back when I first bout my truck several years ago, this was mentioned to me, and sure enough mine was 100% clogged, and once cleared I immediately saw a jump in mileage. Some have similar results and others have no change once cleaned, but worth the little bit of time it takes to try

Yellow1000

Reaction score
It's worth it to me , I always though the truck should do better than it does. I mean cruising EGTs are like 500-525.

ghohouston

Reaction score
well obviously the guy with 3:55's is going to get better mileage on the highway than a guy with 4:10's. not to say there isnt an underlying problem, but you just cannot keep rpm's down at highway speeds with 4:10's.

Reaction score
I do have a buddy that can possibly hook his scanner to it.
That's easy enough, check ebp in psi at with KOEO and at idle, then drive around a little bit, ebp should read pretty close to 1:1 with MAP. Check map, icp, icp duty cycle too while your there, report numbers here, and try to scan all of them while driving in different scenarios, keep track of when each parameters is recorded

Latest posts

Members online