Got a 7.3 mod planning now.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Well I got a virgin truck the exhaust is stock even the air box is stock it is fricken clean for a 01 with 218k.

Plans are
-4" TBE ss
-Regulated return
-DP tuner
-Bellowed up pipes
-GTP38r with 1.15 a/r w/ wg
-160cc casserlly injectors
-Fuel lab pump
-Terminator hpop or t500
-OUO trac blocks
-Icon springs and 2.5 shocks
-PMF goodies
-side step delete
-A/Ts aggressive? 33 or 35?
-wheels? 16x10?
-5% brow 50% windshield 20% everywhere so I can see
-Tool chest
-Larger fuel tank
-And someones line of credit for all this at onceLOL?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well I got a virgin truck the exhaust is stock even the air box is stock it is fricken clean for a 01 with 218k.

Plans are
-4" TBE ss
-Regulated return
-DP tuner
-Bellowed up pipes
-GTP38r with 1.15 a/r w/ wg
-160cc casserlly injectors
-Fuel lab pump
-Terminator hpop or t500
-OUO trac blocks
-Icon springs and 2.5 shocks
-PMF goodies
-side step delete
-A/Ts aggressive? 33 or 35?
-wheels? 16x10?
-5% brow 50% windshield 20% everywhere so I can see
-Tool chest
-Larger fuel tank
-And someones line of credit for all this at onceLOL?

Are you set on the DP-Tuner? I would try a PHP Hydra with Gearhead or Swamps tunes.

If you going with DP-Tuner try there F6 so Jody can email you tunes so you don't need to pull the chip out the truck. Trust me its going to take a couple sets of tunes to make the truck perform how you want it.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Are you set on the DP-Tuner? I would try a PHP Hydra with Gearhead or Swamps tunes.

If you going with DP-Tuner try there F6 so Jody can email you tunes so you don't need to pull the chip out the truck. Trust me its going to take a couple sets of tunes to make the truck perform how you want it.

Thanks I was debating between the F6 and some other unknown system I only plan on having stock, high idle, tow 40hp, tow 60ish hp, mountain type eco tune 80hp and a 100ish hp street performance.

I am not going for max power or anything like that basically a fun daily driver with decent suspension characteristics that will not smoke out the entire intersection. Torque is my goal all a engine is a big fancy air pump so why not enhance that is what I am going after.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thanks I was debating between the F6 and some other unknown system I only plan on having stock, high idle, tow 40hp, tow 60ish hp, mountain type eco tune 80hp and a 100ish hp street performance.

I am not going for max power or anything like that basically a fun daily driver with decent suspension characteristics that will not smoke out the entire intersection. Torque is my goal all a engine is a big fancy air pump so why not enhance that is what I am going after.

Do you have a air intake in mind?

I had a 6637 on my 7.3 it was perfect.

also do you plan on adding a trans or upgrading you stock trans? a valve body and a torque converter would be perfect for you set up if its going to be a DD.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
The fuel lab pump is probably overkill for those injectors. Your stock may keep up just fine.

There's a couple other drop in turbos to look at besides the 38r too. Check out Vision Diesel or Dyno Proven.

Throw the Honey Badger Jr. from Dyno Proven into the mix as a potential hpop if you're still unsure.

Sounds like a sweet build though!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Do you have a air intake in mind?

I had a 6637 on my 7.3 it was perfect.

also do you plan on adding a trans or upgrading you stock trans? a valve body and a torque converter would be perfect for you set up if its going to be a DD.

I was thinking raybestos clutch disc bts valve body with a +200RPM suncoast triple disc and billet shafts? it has 218k on it already get as much out of it first was my thought and a donaldson 6637 DIY was my plan. Also a one piece drive shaft too.

Lang

Reaction score
I was thinking raybestos clutch disc bts valve body with a +200RPM suncoast triple disc and billet shafts? it has 218k on it already get as much out of it first was my thought and a donaldson 6637 DIY was my plan. Also a one piece drive shaft too.

Why a 1 piece drive shaft for a DD truck?

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
The fuel lab pump is probably overkill for those injectors. Your stock may keep up just fine.

There's a couple other drop in turbos to look at besides the 38r too. Check out Vision Diesel or Dyno Proven.

Throw the Honey Badger Jr. from Dyno Proven into the mix as a potential hpop if you're still unsure.

Sounds like a sweet build though!

I was going for filtration because some fuel stations where I live suck.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I am thinking reg return, intake, Gearhead hydra tuning, lift pump, exhaust and a honey badger jr should really liven the truck up till the money arises for injectors turbo trans etc.? Also with the turbos out there what is a decent size for mild stage 2 injectors and^^^.

Rubyred

Reaction score
I would do Reg. Return, 38r, tuner, and your intake/exhaust just my opinion. I have similar mods done to my 00' and im really happy with the way it runs. Then add to the list from there.

Sent from my HP 2000 Notebook PC using Tapatalk

DocBar

Reaction score
I am thinking reg return, intake, Gearhead hydra tuning, lift pump, exhaust and a honey badger jr should really liven the truck up till the money arises for injectors turbo trans etc.? Also with the turbos out there what is a decent size for mild stage 2 injectors and^^^.

Gonna do gauges? I haven't seen them mentioned.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I would do Reg. Return, 38r, tuner, and your intake/exhaust just my opinion. I have similar mods done to my 00' and im really happy with the way it runs. Then add to the list from there.

Sent from my HP 2000 Notebook PC using Tapatalk

I think I have a 38r already not sure though.

Latest posts

Members online