Great FICM start to the weekend...

bkingsoda

Reaction score
So... I woke up this morning thinking to myself that I should really hook the monitor up in the truck. Yeah I know... I've been being lazy and didn't want to mess with it. Then to my surprise, the truck was being really cranky this morning and acted like it didn't want to start. When it finally stumbled to a normal idle, FICM main power read 31.5 volts. Great I thought! Just what I need. New set of tires last week and a truck payment yesterday... Now my diesel tech is telling me not to drive it. Even better news! So that's how my Friday has started off. Just thought I'd vent. Thanks for reading! Haha.

bkingsoda

Reaction score
Yeah... I've heard that from my mechanic. Going to dig through the couch cushions and see if I can scrounge that up, then see if I can replace it without breaking something else. Lol.

bkingsoda

Reaction score
So... I need to upload the photos tomorrow, but I rebuilt my ficm tonight in all of about an hour. Anyone having ficm problems should be aware how easy it actually is. Bought a bs half shell by doorman from O'Reilly with lifetime warranty. I'll have a 58v bulletproof before it fails probably, but in a bind it worked. Its assembled and cleaned, sitting on the desk. I'll install in the morning and report back. Needed a beer or six... Didn't feel like putting it back in tonight.

Mdub707

Reaction score
There's a bunch of write up's and I believe a youtube vid of how to solder them. You'd be surprised how many people don't want attempt it or mess them up though. You can even do your own 58V if you thought that was easy. I can get you the parts list or you can find that online too.

buckcommander

Reaction score
There's a bunch of write up's and I believe a youtube vid of how to solder them. You'd be surprised how many people don't want attempt it or mess them up though. You can even do your own 58V if you thought that was easy. I can get you the parts list or you can find that online too.
I have been trying to get more info about FICM upgrades. Is tuning a FICM the same as building a 58V?

bkingsoda

Reaction score
I would have never imagined you could create your own 58v. Interesting... Maybe I should use the half shell that came out as a test piece. I do have to say that putting in the new half shell made all the difference in the world. Thought I was having injector issues, but it appears the ficm was the culprit all along. Starts so much faster and smoother. Also seems to have solved my problem of running out of fuel at wot.

Latest posts

Members online