GTX4294R owners...

Strokersace

Reaction score
What size of water coolant hoses are you running and how are you hooking them up? If hooking into heater core lines, how? What type of hose/line with it being so close to the exhaust housing and up pipe collector?

Pics would be much appreciated!

rascal

Reaction score
This the turbo I plan on getting next. I thought I would run the line from my coolant filter straight to the tubo and from the turbo back to the degas tank.

The 4294R sounds like an awesome turbo!

Good luck!

spongebob915

Reaction score
Water lines for turbo the front water connection runs to the heater hose for the cab heat.

Attachments

• 20130427_131425.jpg
    20130427_131425.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Cota

Reaction score
The port on the compressor housing is for a boost sensor if you want to put one there.
If I remember right when I installed my 94R the fittings on the center section are 1/2" pipe. I went to the auto parts store and got some 1/2" pipe to 1/2" barbed fittings, looked for some pre-bent heater hose and cut it to fit and ran it over and tapped into the heater lines.
Ran it that way till I sold the truck.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Water lines for turbo the front water connection runs to the heater hose for the cab heat.

I'm assuming the return off the back of the chra is what goes to the rear of the driver's head? Is the heater hose supply just t'd? What size
are your lines?

Mine runs from the top of the water pump in to the top of the turbo...then from the bottom port to the heater box..

Supply from top of water pump? Your "bottom port" is the return I assume and t's into the heater box line back to the pass head? And what size line are you running?

spongebob915

Reaction score
I'm assuming the return off the back of the chra is what goes to the rear of the driver's head? Is the heater hose supply just t'd? What size
are your lines?

Supply from top of water pump? Your "bottom port" is the return I assume and t's into the heater box line back to the pass head? And what size line are you running?
Here is how it is tied in.

Attachments

• 20130814_202127.jpg
    20130814_202127.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119

smoker00

Reaction score
are your lines?

Yes supply from the top... I just cut it.. added some hose and hooked it to the top.. then the other end to the bottom.. no t... in it at all.. one thing good about this way I have heat fast...hope this helps..

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks SB and Smoker. That helps out a lot. Sounds like either way would be fine. The fittings that came with the turbo are for 3/8" line. I'm going to source some locally for either 5/8" or 3/4" to match the heater core hoses.

Latest posts

Members online