165 lb/min

GTX5533R%2047T%20Compressor%20Map.jpg

GTX5533R
Comp inducer 94mm
Comp exducer 118mm
Trim/Comp AR on the map
178 lb/min :jawdrop:

GTX5533R%2049.jpg

Peak power potential of the turbo...I think the comp maps speaks for themselves...

How much transient/low rpm response is lost from say a 82-88mm inducer sized ATM turbo, to when running one of this size?

If I could ask Charles a public question like this....so his answer would benefit many.

Any one else that has experience from moving up from GT47/S488 to a GT55/S500 on the ATM turbo did...all ears.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Those things can move some stupid amounts of air and even with some rather high PRs.

I just wish it had a broader /wider bottom end in the PR scaling. At least for a street use. This is why I find the GT47 comp wheel. It has such a broad range in the lower and mid PR scale. This is where most will run in a compound setup in a street, hot street setup I would think.

The down side is the 47s turbine side being a bit small for the 7.3 from what I have seen. But Garrett has made a turbo with the 55 parts using the 47 wheel and the 55 turbine wheel. This is the turbo I plan to use if/when I go to compounds.

AS a comparison just look at the efficiency islands up thru a PR of 3 which is where you would likely the range area you would be running on the street. The 55 even the GTX doesn't get into a broad range until you reach 3. TO me this make it look like a turbo meant to be used as a single where you will see higher boost numbers from it.

Then again I could be totally wrong as I have never run one or tested it out.

GT4718Rcomp.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
I am just walking out the door but rel quick:

The numbers up the left side PR or Pressure Ratio is akin to boost. The simple basic formula is [PR x 14.7]-14.7= boost or (boost+14.7)/14.7=PR

The left solid line going up the side of the map is the surge side and the one on the right side is the stall line.

The arcing horizontal lines that start high and curve downward and the comp wheel (rpm) speed sections to know how fast the comp wheel is spinning (RPMs) for that efficiency.

The oval islands that have % numbers in them are the efficiency islands. They show how efficiently the wheel is moving the air at that pressure and wheel RPM speed

That is the most basic of understand what its all about.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
WOW.... Those are some sweet maps!!! They also have a great pressure ratio for a really good working range !!! The price might hurt though :D

White_monster

Reaction score
Gtx5533r on order for compound setup. Hope it works for me. Lead time on this baby is 10 weeks. Let's just say the turbo wasn't cheap. It should be a beast and match with my 66mm vgt nicely. I'll let you guys know my thoughts when I get it on.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Your truck is twin Elite HPFP, 110s and ??...do you have a power projection you want to put out there?

Every 6.4 compartment I've seen scares me!...Looks to be a lot of challenges to get one of these to fit in the factory-ish ATM location, or is this going somewhere else?

Very much look forward to how this works for you.

White_monster

Reaction score
Yes twin elite HPFP's, 150hp nozzles, fully built engine and so on. Hoping for 1000+ on fuel.

It's not going in the factory spot. Once I start install I'll have pics.

Latest posts

Members online